none
Outlook client point to old exchange server

Question

• Hi all ,one month pass i had intsalled new exchange server with new nameand demolish the new opld exchange server ,currently issue occur in one client,outlook point to old exchange serve, i had tried o maually configured and opint to new exchange server its work fine but after one and two days its again point to old exhange server ..its happened four to five times ,can any budy help me out...
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:41 AM

All replies

• Try creating a completely new Outlook profile.
    Neil Hobson, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:30 AM
  • i have already tried this..
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:45 PM
  • As this only happens for 1 client, have you confirmed that this is client specific or user specific?  i.e. if the affected user logs into another workstation, does the same thing happen?  If someone else logs into the client PC, does the same thing happen?
    Neil Hobson, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:39 PM
  • 
    What version of Outlook and Exchange server?
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "jingoi" wrote in message news:ebc6471a-4cba-4416-afd4-e067030d8107...
    Hi all ,one month pass i had intsalled new exchange server with new nameand demolish the new opld exchange server ,currently issue occur in one client,outlook point to old exchange serve, i had tried o maually configured and opint to new exchange server its work fine but after one and two days its again point to old exhange server ..its happened four to five times ,can any budy help me out...

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Hi,

How about your question? Any updates?

Frank Wang
    Monday, March 29, 2010 9:02 AM
  • we using Outlook and exchange server 2003.Status of problem is still there

i have found the DNS entry of old exchange server after deleting issue still not resolve..

Any idea please..

Monday, March 29, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Here is the process of logging on Exchange by outlook:

First, Outlook client connects Exchange server by using DNS, then Outlook bind to the Endpoint Mapper through three way TCP handshake on the GC. Then the client send the UUID to query the Directory Store port and bind it in order to check name, then connecting the Information Store to obtain the data. After that, the Outlook client succeed in creating the profile and logging on Exchange.

Please use ipconfig /flushdns on the client, or create a record on the local hosts file to point to new exchange server and try again.

By the way, did you try the suggestion as Neil said:  "this is client specific or user specific"?

Frank Wang
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Frank Wang
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:48 AM
  • One more users has same issue in different machine ..i had migrate the exchange server almost 1 month back ,but this issue occur now a days ..i have made the local host of new exchange server ,but want why it is pointing to old exchange server or is this host entry help to resolve this issue permanently..We cant check its a client bae or user base issue ..because issue may be occur after two or three days or may be very next day
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:53 PM