none
Exchange 2010 Public folder Replication on New server RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

We have Exchange 2010 environment.

Site A: 

CAS/Mailbox Server 1 & CAS/MBX Server 2

Approx. 700 GB of Public folder with replica copy on both the servers for HA.

Site B: (Newly deployed)

CAS/MBX Server 1 & CAS/MBX Server 2

There is a requirement to replicate the Public folder content from Mailbox server in Site A to Mailbox Server in Site B.

I have already created the PF database on both new servers.

Could you please help me in about next steps how to replicate the public folder structure and content on new servers.

Considering the huge volume of data, I would like to update the content in off hours without impacting the bandwidth.

Thanks

Pawan

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here is steps which you an follow.

1. .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 –Server ServerA –TopPublicFolder \ –ServerToAdd “ServerB”
    2. .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\NON_IPM_Subtree" ServerToAdd
    "ServerB"

Check replicas:-

3. Get-PublicFolder -recurse |fl name,replicas
    4. Get-PublicFolder -recurse \non_ipm_subtree |fl name, replicas

Check and compare public folders statistics:-

5. Get-PublicFolderStatistics –Server ServerA

6. Get-PublicFolderStatistics –Server ServerB

Use below script to check if all public folders are replicated to another database properly.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Exchange-2010-Public-944df6ee

Note:- .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 is available in exchange installation folder (Under Scripts folder)

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Thanks Ashish for the reply.

My main concern is how to make sure that content replication happens during off hours for the new severs.

On old servers in site A, replication schedule is set to Always as both are already synced.

On new servers in site B, I want that they should replicate the content from servers in Site A during off hours.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

You can customize public folder replication as per you requirement.

But if there are users on another site then don't do this. Contents will not replicate (As per schedule) and users will start complaining missing items in public folder (Which will come after replication only).

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:19 PM
  • Hi Pawan,

You may try using the Suspend-PublicFolderReplication cmdlet to stop public folder replication during working hours, and then run Resume-PublicFolderReplication to resume public folder content replication during off hours.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Dear Pawan,

Any update here? Feel free to post back if any further assistance is required.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:36 AM