none
Store Driver of Hub Transport server.

Question

• Hi Team ,

I would like to know what is the "exe" name for Store driver of Hub transport Server which is responsible for putting messages to Submission Queue.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Answers

• The MSExchangeTransport.exe starts the "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service. That is the service that is responsible for moving messages through the message categorizer.

Jim McBee - MVP, MCT, MCSE Using Exchange since the v4.0 beta in 1995 - Blog http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shyam89 Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:10 PM
  • Hi,

Store.exe is a process, it indicates that Exchange information store service is running.

The store driver is a software component of the Hub Transport Server that delivers inbound messages to Microsoft Exchange stores, the databases that contain public folder stores and mailbox stores. The store driver also retrieves messages from a user's outbox, and submits them for delivery.

Hope my clarification is helpful.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• The MSExchangeTransport.exe starts the "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service. That is the service that is responsible for moving messages through the message categorizer.

Jim McBee - MVP, MCT, MCSE Using Exchange since the v4.0 beta in 1995 - Blog http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shyam89 Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:10 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Appreciate  your reply. But I am looking for Exe of Store Driver.

Purushothama. S

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:38 AM
  • I agree with Jim and Amit above. The store driver is a logical component of the transport service. Perhaps instead you're asking about the submission service?

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:17 AM
  • Is store.exe not the store driver ?

Purushothama. S

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

Store.exe is a process, it indicates that Exchange information store service is running.

The store driver is a software component of the Hub Transport Server that delivers inbound messages to Microsoft Exchange stores, the databases that contain public folder stores and mailbox stores. The store driver also retrieves messages from a user's outbox, and submits them for delivery.

Hope my clarification is helpful.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Thank you Amy  for the detailed description.
    I found we have DLL file for Storedrive not a exe.

So After your answer and my research It clarifies me that Store.exe is not the process of Store Driver .

Purushothama. S

Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:42 PM