none
How to create a Exchange 2010 DAG RRS feed

• Question

• I’m in the process of installing exchange 2010 into an existing exchange 2007 organization to migrate mailboxes to exchange 2010 but I want to implement the new technology DAG.

I’ve been reading lots of material but I didn´t find any article saying that first you install it on one server and then you must install it also on the other server (like exchange 2007). 

My question is I install exchange 2010 (Custum Installation) on one server and do I have to install it also on the other server and then create the DAG I ve already have the two networks created.

best regards

Alex

Alex - MCP - MCSE
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:12 PM

Answers

• DAGs are more flexible than Ex2007 clustering technologies.
    You need to install Exchange on a machine with Windows Server Enterprise (not Standard), but then you can form the DAG some time later, even after there are mailboxes deployed on the server.

The add-dagserver task configures the cluster for you.

Does that help?

-martin

Legal Stuff: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:30 PM

All replies

• DAGs are more flexible than Ex2007 clustering technologies.
    You need to install Exchange on a machine with Windows Server Enterprise (not Standard), but then you can form the DAG some time later, even after there are mailboxes deployed on the server.

The add-dagserver task configures the cluster for you.

Does that help?

-martin

Legal Stuff: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:30 PM
  • As Doctor DAG mentions above you don't have to do all servers at once. Exchange 2010 lets you grow into more intricate deployments as your org requires them. You can start with a standalone Exchange 2010 server and then as long as it was originally installed on Server Enterprise you can create a DAG later on.
    Brian Day, Overall Exchange & AD Geek
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Configuration
    LMNOP
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 10:16 PM