none
Exclude folder from all archiving RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We use Exchange native online archive. Is it possible to have a specific, custom folder be ignored? I.e. we create a policy for a 'Keep' folder and if people want this ability, all they have to do is simply create a folder called 'Keep' in their mailboxes and Exchange will ignore it.

Thanks

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:06 AM

All replies

• Depends. Do you have any Default tags with Archive action assigned to the policy? If so, it will apply to said folder as well. So the workaround would be to "manually" stamp the folder with some other tag, which you can do by running an EWS-based script, or simply by instructing the users to do the same from Outlook/OWA.
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

You can create a personal retention tag that prevents messages from being moved to the archive. Then add this tag into the retention policy. By default, this tag is created and added to Default MRM Policy.

After your retention policy is applied successfully, users can apply this personal tag to specific folders. You can check this document to know more about Archiving and retention policies

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread?

Do you get help from personal retention tags? If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Sorry - I've been away for a few weeks. I'll pick this up again and get back to you.

Thanks for the replies.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:27 PM
  • That's OK. Please feel free to post back if you have any updates to share. Hope you can get useful information from above suggestions.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:12 AM