none
Virtual Network Name Accounts do not update OS version in Active Directory after Windows upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of Failover Clusters that were originally created with Windows Server 2016 but have since been upgraded to 2019. The nodes themselves show up in Active Directory as Windows Server 2019 machines, but the Virtual Cluster Network Name Accounts still say they are Windows Server 2016 even though the cluster functional level has been upgraded to version 10 (2019). This screws with my inventory. Is there any way to force the cluster to update that information somehow? 
    Friday, December 6, 2019 11:50 PM

All replies

• Can't you just overwrite the attribute with the correct data?

Other than that, I think the cluster nodes themselves won't do anything about OS attribute of the CNOs as long as those are there and writeable.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Saturday, December 7, 2019 11:30 AM
  • Hi,

>>I have a number of Failover Clusters that were originally created with Windows Server 2016 but have since been upgraded to 2019. 

Do you mean that you have been upgraded your each cluster node from Server 2016 to Server 2019 via Windows Update?

If so, although the operating system version of each cluster node has been upgraded, the cluster functional level has not been upgraded. We need to upgrade the cluster functional level, please use the following command:

Update-ClusterFunctionalLevel

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/failoverclusters/update-clusterfunctionallevel?view=win10-ps

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm current situation.

If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please be kind enough to "mark it as an answer" for helping more people.

Regards,
    Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:00 AM