none
EMC with Windows 7: Unknown user or bad password

Question

• Hi Folks,

I have installed EMC on a Windows 7  workstation, which is in the same domain as the Exchange 2010 server. When I log on to this workstation with a user which is member of the Exchange 2010 Group "Organization Management" as well as member of Domain Admins and then try to start EMC I get the error "unknown user or bad password".
    The Powershell Command executed is "discover-exchangeserver -useWIA $true -supressError $true" Starting EMS gives the same error. But using the command without the blanks before the "$" sign gives me a window for my credentials and then, with ther right credential, the Exchange 2010 server gets discovered.
    Operations with ADUC, e.g. creating new user, work. Also, EMC works with that user when loged on directly on the Exchange 2010 server.

Bernd
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Bernd,
    If you want to connect to a remote Exchange server using your current network logon account, use the following procedure.
    You don't need to specify your user name or password. This procedure can be used even if there are no Exchange 2010 management tools installed.

1.Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Windows PowerShell, and then click Windows PowerShell or Windows PowerShell ISE.

Note: 
    Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is the new Windows PowerShell graphical console and can be used instead of the traditional text-based PowerShell console. 

2.Open the connection to Exchange 2010 by running the following command.
    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://<FQDN of Exchange 2010 server>/PowerShell/ -Authentication Kerberos

3.Import the server-side PowerShell session into your client-side session by running the following command.
    Import-PSSession $SessionAfter you perform this procedure, you can run Exchange cmdlets in the remote Shell.

Ref to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd297932.aspx

All the best :)

Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:44 PM