none
Exchange 2013 Address Book Policy Routing Agent Issue with Mailboxes Hidden From the Address Lists

Question

• When the AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled attribute is enabled by running Set-TransportConfig -AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled $True, I am having an issue with delivery failures for mailboxes that are hidden from the address book. I receive the following undeliverable message:

'532 5.3.2 STOREDRV.Deliver; Missing or bad StoreDriver MDB properties'

If I disable the AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled attribute by running Set-TransportConfig -AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled $False then emails are successfully delivered to the mailbox that is hidden from the address list.

I followed the installation instructions here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj907308(v=exchg.150).aspx

Below is the status of the ABP Routing Agent on my Hub Transport/Mailbox server:

Enabled: True
    Priority: 5
    TransportAgentFactory: Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Agent.AddressBookPolicyRoutingAgent.AddressBookPolicyRoutingAgentFactory
    AssemblyPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\agents\AddressBookPolicyRoutingAgent\Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Agent.AddressBookPolicyRoutingAgent.dll
    Identity: ABP Routing Agent
    IsValid: True
    ObjectState: New

Has anyone else run into this issue yet?

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• In the multi-tenant document Microsoft says that one should not use the "hide from addresslist" attribute on the users. I guess this is because of the Routing Agent.

Reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36790

/J

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:58 PM
  • No, that's not quite the same issue. I know, as I wrote the guidance. The issue with users hidden from the GAL and the ABP agent is a bug. I am working on getting it fixed. For now there's only one workaround, don't hide users from the GAL, or don't use the agent. :-(
    Friday, April 26, 2013 4:35 AM
  • Thank you Greg! Hopefully it will be fixed in CU2!
    Friday, May 03, 2013 6:03 PM
  • @Greg

Do you know if this was resolved in CU2? I read the release notes and it doesn't appear to be included in CU2.

Can you please confirm?

Thank You,

ExchangeKiller

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Not yet resolved in code, sorry. So no fix in CU2. We are still working on the fix.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:35 PM
  • No sweat! Thanks for the update!

ExchangeKiller

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:42 PM
  • Greg:

Is there a version of Exchange in which this bug is fixed?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:50 PM
  • Not yet, sorry.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 1:56 PM
  • Could you please raise the priority of this? More than a year without a fix is a long time. Do you need us to report this via the official support channel to get a higher prio?

Is there a workaround (like hiding the address book completely for specific basic users in OWA) which would allow us to migrate individual mailboxes to Exchange 2013?
    Friday, May 09, 2014 10:15 AM
  • If you open a support case that will help bump the priority, and as it's a known bug you shouldn't be charged.

The only workaround is not to hide users from the GAL.

Friday, May 09, 2014 5:29 PM
  • MS Partners organize, let's open multiple tickets, if it will help.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:06 AM
  • I've run into this problem too.  Submitted a ticket. 
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Fix is coming. It'll appear first in Exchange Online, then come to on-prem in the next available CU.
    Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:23 AM
  • Any time frame yet?  I spoke with a tech on the Office 365 side about this issue and he said soon (that was a couple of weeks ago.)  We are waiting on migrating staff and faculty to Exchange Online until this fix is in place.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:17 PM
  • Very soon. It should be in the service already, did you test?
    Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:27 PM
  • I hadn't tried this in a couple of weeks - probably just before I sent my last post.

Did a quick test and it worked on Office 365!  Will put it through more testing today.

Looks good.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Is anyone else still having this issue? I have a ticket open with support and I'm not getting anywhere. This problem is delaying other projects for me right now.

Greg - Anything you can do to assist?

Monday, August 25, 2014 6:49 PM
  • The issue is fixed in CU6, which is coming soon. Very soon.
    Monday, August 25, 2014 6:51 PM
  • CU6 is out now is this issue now 100% fixed?
    Monday, October 06, 2014 10:28 PM
  • We believe so yes.
    Tuesday, October 07, 2014 5:46 PM
  • I applied CU6 and it fixed my problem.  Last month I applied windows updates to my Exchanges Servers and now I'm having the same issue again.  Is their a known problem with one or more windows updates or would applying CU7 re-fix my issue?
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:55 PM
  • I still have this issue ,do you fix it?
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:44 AM