none
FIM 2010 R2 - Extending reporting RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to extend a Fim reporting schema with two boolean attributes for the person object.

I succesfully managed to add the first attribute. After that, I added the second attribute to the same schema and imported it. But now when I am trying to run Start-FIMReportingInitialSync powershell it completes with an error and just a info about the second (new) attribute.

So the question is can I use same management pack and binding files to add new attributes to reporting schema or should I create a new managemen pack and binding files each time when I want to update schema?

So basically if I have 10 attributes to update, can I add each attribute one by one and then import the same files added by one attribute, or should I create 10 different sets if I want to test that everything is working before importing a new attribute.

Of course the best way is add all the attributes at the same time, but if I need to update the schema later I need to know can I use the old files or create a new one.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:18 AM

Answers

• Ok, it seems to be that I can use the same files but I need to change the version number.
    • Marked as answer by 2xTsei Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:36 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:36 AM

All replies

• Ok, it seems to be that I can use the same files but I need to change the version number.
    • Marked as answer by 2xTsei Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:36 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:36 AM
  • I realize this is an old thread and Reporting based on SCSM for FIM/MIM is not recommended for new deployments. But if you happen to be trying to extend the DW schema for your custom attributes, I have faced an issue where the Start-FIMReporting*.ps1 jobs would throw an error like:

Reporting Job Details:

ObjectTypeName: Person, AttributeName: AD_AccountName, RequestIdentifier: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, ObjectID: 7fb2b853-24f0-4498-9534-4e10589723c4, Value: someuser@fed-id.com, DataType: String, MultiValue: False, Added: True, SubscriptionDetails: <DataWarehouseClassProperty ClassTypeIdentity="FIMDW.FIMPersonExtension" PropertyIdentity="FIMPersonAD_AccountName" ManagementPackIdentity="FIM Data Warehouse Person Extension"/>, EventTime: 07/21/2019 14:49:54

And from the logfile Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service_tracelog00.txt:

The same information, but ending with an additional piece of important info;  "---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot find management pack with identity FIM Data Warehouse Person Extension"

So why was MIM having issues with finding the MP I just deployed and could visibly see in SCSM? After wasting 2 days verifying and modifying MP xml thinking I had coded something wrong, the solution I came up with:

1. Execute the Import-FIMReportingSchemaDefinition cmd to load the MP Schema/Bindings
    2. Execute the Start-SCDWJob -JobName MPSyncJob
    3. Execute the Start-SCDWJob -JobName Extract_MIM_Reporting
    4. Execute the Start-SCDWJob -JobName Extract_DW_MIM_Reporting
    5. Reboot the SCSM server(s)
    6. Execute the necessary Start-FIMReporting*.ps1 job

Guess it doesn't really matter why. When all else fails, reboot...

HTH,

-Terry

Sunday, July 21, 2019 5:01 PM