Forefront TMG 2010 and older firewall clients

Question

• hi

i installed a new server with TMG 2010 in order to replace an older ISA 2004. i have about 1000 client computers with isa 2004 firewall client which we configured manually over time to set the proxy.

now i want to move the ISA out of production and im stuck with the old firewall clients

how can i disable or reconfigure them to work with the TMG?

its 1000 clients please help

thanks

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

update the Firewall client with the newest version of the tMG client with the help of software distribution like Active directory Software distribution or software like SCCM or enteo netinstall or something else

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.nt-faq.de - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

ISA Server 2004 Firewall Client will work with TMG 2010.

Check it here : Forefront TMG Client

So you can replace your ISA Server with TMG Server, and rest assure that the firewall client will communicate with TMG Server.

Tarek Majdalani | MS Forefront Edge Security MVP | http://www.elmajdal.net
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

update the Firewall client with the newest version of the tMG client with the help of software distribution like Active directory Software distribution or software like SCCM or enteo netinstall or something else

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.nt-faq.de - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

ISA Server 2004 Firewall Client will work with TMG 2010.

Check it here : Forefront TMG Client

So you can replace your ISA Server with TMG Server, and rest assure that the firewall client will communicate with TMG Server.

Tarek Majdalani | MS Forefront Edge Security MVP | http://www.elmajdal.net
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:04 PM