none
How to handle reported SPAM from users? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a public folder setup where users can email/forward their SPAM from their inbox to this Public Folder for me to review. 

For example there is a SPAM message in there with the following information:
    Subject: Your request has been answered.

Actual Message:

questions.In that sense, he is something of a stoic.
    We have tried the herbal products and it works. You have to give it a try
    individually. He abhors committee meetings. Sometimes, after hearingIt consumes you. Your eye is off the ball completely. This is a tough

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is the best way to handle this reported SPAM messages?

Thanks

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:07 PM

All replies

• - How to notify Microsoft of false negative and false positive spam messages that are identified by Advanced Spam Manager
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924951/en-us

- I would suggest ALWAYS view the header information and find a pattern.  Usually it's tuff since SPAM changes on a daily basis.  Next, You want to either create a Rejected Filter or a SUBJECT Filter of this sort of email

- Make sure that SpamCure engine is updating every 15 minutes only
    John
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:31 PM
  • Also, using RBL servers will help.  If you are running Exchange Server 2003, consider also using IMF.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:10 PM
  • We disabled RBL servers per Antigen Support for the 2 main reasons:
    1. RBLs are handled by external 3rd party vendors which Microsoft cannot control
    2. There have been times where RBLS have cancelled their detection site unexpectedly which causes emails to queue

And IMF is not Cluster aware and we don't have any bridgehead servers implemented even though I have produced many documents outlining the importance for Bridghead servers.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:38 PM