none
Issue syncing AD Groups - Scope and Type showing in Metaverse but not exporting via MIMMA/FIMMA RRS feed

• Question

• I have almost got Inbound AD Group Sync working in MIM 2016 SP1 in my lab, and I can see the desired groups in the Metaverse with the properties needed, including:

- scope
    - type

Right now I’ve got it filtered so that just one test group has synced into the Metaverse. The problem is that when I run an Export on my FIMMA/MIMMA, I get an error - When I inspect the error and click on Validate object against schema I can see there are two Errors saying:

- Required Attribute ‘Scope’ is missing

- Required attribute ‘Type’ is missing

I’m sure this is probably something simple that I am missing, but I can’t seem to figure it out. Any ideas for some troubleshooting steps to resolve this and have the group sync into MIM successfully so that I can then look at Outbound sync.

I can see the Metaverse has values for those (although in lower camel case). When I go into the MIMMA Agent > Configure attribute flow: I have got for Object Type: Group

Scope -> scope
    scope <- Scope

Type -> type
    type <- type

To me it looks like these should be flowing, but the export from the MIMMA obviously is saying that’s not the case

If I have answered your question, please mark it as the correct answer. If I have provided helpful information, please mark it as so.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:11 AM

All replies

• Sounds like flow precedence to me.

Check in the metaverse designer for the attribute flow precedence on the attributes and make sure that Active Directory is higher than MIM MA.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:41 AM