none
Updating SCEP Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently running SCEP 4.1 client and I want to update them to the latest version.  Our server is SCCM 2012 SP1

We have no applied cumulative updates to the server.  Am I required to apply the CUs to the server before I can update the clients? or how does it work?

When I apply the CUs to the server is it updating the Endpoint Protection piece of the server as well, then I deploy out the updates to the clients?

Thanks,

Travis

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, when you install the CU on the server then the SCEPinstall.exe which is used to install the SCEP client is updated as well. Probably not to the latest version as that was released just a couple weeks ago but the version before that, the latest version is available through Windows Update/WSUS.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Hi,

You could download the new version and push it out withou the CUs installed.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, when you install the CU on the server then the SCEPinstall.exe which is used to install the SCEP client is updated as well. Probably not to the latest version as that was released just a couple weeks ago but the version before that, the latest version is available through Windows Update/WSUS.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:10 PM
  • So do I need the CUs installed or can I just download the new version and push it out to our existing workstations?

Thanks!

Travis

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:29 PM
  • Hi,

You could download the new version and push it out withou the CUs installed.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:46 AM