none
Adding port 8080 to the SSL port range on TMG 2010 SP1 Rollup 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have TMG installed and it is acting as  a firewall, proxy and email security server for our network. Our internal web users are a mix of firewall clients and IE web proxy clients.

They need to be able to access an external site that is running using SSL on port 8080. As this is the port that we use for web proxy clients I wanted to make sure that adding this port using isa_tpr.js tool from www.isatools.org will not break the proxy functionality of our TMG server.

As far as I know I only need to add it to allow access to the following web site https://remote.theacegroup.co.uk:8080/TrainingProviders

Any advice on the best route forward would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Darren
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

port 8080 is also the default port Forefront TMG uses for Webproxy clients. You have to change the Webproxy port on the TMG server to another port

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Hi,

If you cannot change the external SSL site on port 8080, you should change webproxy port.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

port 8080 is also the default port Forefront TMG uses for Webproxy clients. You have to change the Webproxy port on the TMG server to another port

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Hi Marc,

I was kind of hoping to avoid having to change my proxy configuration to allow access to a specific site. Is it the only way I will get this to work?

Our old proxy server (Smoothwall) ran on port 800. Is this less likely to cause issues in the future?

Thanks for your asssistance.

Darren
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

If you cannot change the external SSL site on port 8080, you should change webproxy port.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Wish I could have changed the SSL port on their website. Unfortunately it is not a site I have anything to do with. I made the change to our web proxy port and all is now working fine.

Thanks

Darren
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:51 AM