i have i ball USB2.0 4GB pen drive.when i tried to insert any data it shows the message "you need to formate the disk."when i start formatting the disk it again shows the message "windows was unable to formate the disk
completely" and my pen drive are not storing any data.it shows 0byte capacity.
This issue will occur if one of the factors is true:
• Formatting a drive not only means removing all the data but it also allocates a new File system to the drive. So if the drive is already in FAT system (say) then again allocating it the same system
may cause this error.
• There are full chances of this problem being caused due to changes made by some virus in the system.
At this time, please check the following points:
1. Have you ever peformed a FULL Format on this Pen Drive?
2. Will this issue occur if we format the drive to some other file system first like NTFS and then format it to the FAT system?
3. Try to update the virus definition package on this system. Also we could check if this issue will occur on other machine.
Hope this helps.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:20 AM
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.