none
Microsoft Security Essentials Fails to Update Definitions

Question

• When I try to manually update the virus and spyware definitions, it tells me the Microsoft Security Essentials was unable to update definitions and to make sure the computer is connected to the internet and try again.  I tried 5 times.  Obviously I can connect to the internet, otherwise I couldn't make this post.  I used the scan feature and it said there were no infections detected.  I am wondering if maybe an infection is preventing the update?  Any help please.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to the description, the issue seems to be related to Microsoft Security Essentials. As we mainly focus on the general question about Forefront Client Security, it is recommend you to get further support in our Security Essentials forum. The engineers and community members there have more experience and can help you in a more efficient way.

Microsoft Security Essentials Forum

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

Hope the issue will be resolve soon.

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Thank you for the link. I couldn't find the Security Essentials forum on my first run through.
    Friday, March 19, 2010 4:31 AM
  • Try to perform Windows Update. If the windows update does not work security essentials will not update. so please check with windows update.
    Tuesday, June 01, 2010 7:06 AM