none
Forefront Threat Management Gateway replacement

Question

• With  the news that Microsoft are discontinuing Forefront Threat Management Gateway, are there any replacements out there? We are rebuilding our setup at the moment and installing Server 2013 etc but we can find no info about any replacement for Web Filtering or Web Protection software.

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Mark

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

You would need to eval products of your favor and then make the decision based on the requirements you have. If it is for reverse proxy, UAG has been the answer. For forward proxy scenarios, you need to look to 3<sup>rd</sup> party.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

You would need to eval products of your favor and then make the decision based on the requirements you have. If it is for reverse proxy, UAG has been the answer. For forward proxy scenarios, you need to look to 3<sup>rd</sup> party.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:06 AM
  • So remind me as I don't remember... 

I only used TMG and ISA to securely publish OWA, sharepoint and a few other websites.  We always used a hardware firewall to protect TMG/ISA and just used it for web protection (Layer 7 from my recollection) to help prevent malitious attacks to the web service / server.

So now that TMG is done (and I don't really know what UAG was positioned for)  what would other users recommend I look for?

As far as for Microsoft is publishing a website considered Reverse proxy?

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Yes, Sean from Chicago, publishing OWA & SharePoint using ISA or TMG is making use of reverse proxy.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 2:10 PM
  • You can check out Pearl Echo.Suite at www.pearlsw.com.  It's been in the space prior to ISA. 

-In full disclosure, I work for the compay.-

Dave

Friday, June 07, 2013 2:21 PM
  • markbell33,

I remember asking the same question to my Microsoft appointed reseller, and they gave feedback that I should look for/review thirdparty application.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 12:27 AM