none
UAG SP1 Install Failed

    Question

  • Hello!

    Has anyone experienced this error when installing SP1?  I have 2 UAG servers are in a NLB array configuration.

    This is dump from the uag log file:

    [1] 110104.120644.7070: Task: CheckUAG: UAG pre-requisite check

    [1] 110104.120644.7089: Task: CheckUAG: Looking for UAG, product code {9B0CE58E-C122-4CB4-80C1-514D4162C07C}

    [1] 110104.120644.7099: Task: CheckUAG: UAG product is insatlled.

    [1] 110104.120644.7128: Task: CheckUAG:   Product Version 4.0.1264.200

    [1] 110104.120644.7138: Task: CheckUAG: UAG installe state is: Corrupted

    [1] 110104.120644.7138: UAGSetup: Forefront UAG is not working correctly, and the service pack cannot be installed. Repair or reinstall Forefront UAG before installing the service pack.

     

    Thanks!

    Dennis

     

     

    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:26 PM

Answers

  • Hello Everyone,

     It appears for some reason, my client got a hold of UAG Update 2 from somewhere which had a different product version.  If you face this error, then download the latest version of UAG Update 2 from Microsoft.   This Update will superseed the other Update 2.   From there, you can install SP1.

    Good Luck!
    Dennis

    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

  • Hi Guys,

    Just a follow up.  Upon closer inspection, you will see that the product version is wrong. 

    4.0.1269.200 = Update 2....

    Why am I getting 4.0.1264.200?

    It's currently a mystery :)

    Thank you!

     

     

    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

     It appears for some reason, my client got a hold of UAG Update 2 from somewhere which had a different product version.  If you face this error, then download the latest version of UAG Update 2 from Microsoft.   This Update will superseed the other Update 2.   From there, you can install SP1.

    Good Luck!
    Dennis

    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:42 PM
  • Hi All

    Just wondering if there is progress on SP1 installation. I tried today on my NLB UAG update Verion 4.0.1152.100 with Drian stop -->suspended on Array manager. It gave me Error code 1603 during the installation along with log files (like the following)

    [4] 110324.124251.1788: Task: StopUagServices: Time Factor corrupted, setting to 0.5

    [4] 110324.124446.1554: Task: InstallRolesAndFeatures: Time Factor corrupted, setting to 0.5

    [4] 110324.130304.3586: UAGSetup: RunSetupTasks(): Setup failed during UAG SP1 installation.

     

    Not sure why ? Any fix and suggestion

    Daniel

    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:10 PM
  • disable all the custom policy created.

     

    -Ashish

    Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

    I had the same error as you just a couple of seconds ago.

    I followed Ashih advice but I did not have any custom policy created.

    What I did to resolve my issue was to delete the only trunk i had and then run again SP1. Trunk had a single application -> SharePoint 2010 (Beta) so it might be that SP1 cannot update the application because from what I heard Beta does not exist in SP1 anymore. It is fully supported to publish SharePoint 2010 only starting SP1.

    Cheers,

    Vali

    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Hello Vali,

    There were some issues ( not sure but i had observed that too) with the rule that were created when you try to install SharePoint 2010 (beta) that why the sp1 installation did not happen and when u deleted that you were able to install SP1.

    -Ashish

    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:44 PM