none
SCCM 2012 will deploy client, but won't auto deploy SCEP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a SCCM 2012 deployment, where I am trying to deploy endpoint protection to a few machines. I have enabled the role, created a custom client setting, deployed the client setting to my collection, created my auto deployment rule for definition updates etc..

When I move a discovered machine into the collection (windows 7 in this case) it installs the SCCM Client just fine, however.... IT WONT install the SCEP client.

The file is there under c:\Windows\ccmsetup, it just won't automatically deploy the forefront client, even though I have it set under the client settings to do so.

Also, I have approved the machine. Its still wont install..??

please help :(

**pulling my hair out** 

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:56 PM

Answers

• This has now been resolved. Turns out , (after looking at the ccm.log file) that we have some firewall policies on our group policy that were blocking remote management to WMI on the remote machines.

Friday, October 12, 2012 1:05 AM

All replies

• This has now been resolved. Turns out , (after looking at the ccm.log file) that we have some firewall policies on our group policy that were blocking remote management to WMI on the remote machines.

Friday, October 12, 2012 1:05 AM
  • I was having the same issue.

The computers in my case were running Windows 8 and they were the only ones not getting the Endpoint client.

Forefront was installed on all computers during the rollout and the SCCM uninstall previous versions worked fine on all system except Windows 8.

I manually uninstalled Forefront and rebooted and the issue resolved itself.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:44 PM