none
NLB woes running DA on UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

So I followed the instructions here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg315309.aspx and now am getting errors, plus DA is not working.

Specifically, in the UAG activation monitor I see that the second server has not been successful because it cannot contact a Domain Controller.  This seems to be a side effect of the new NLB/DA Array config, as it could before, but not after this reconfig.  When I reboot the problem server, as it begins to boot up suddenly it does have a connection to the DCs but then the first server can't ping the DCs or various other internal things off the immediate internal subnet.

Also, I am now seeing some errors on the first server (even when it has connectivity and the other server is off: "A Socket listener failed to start. The UAG DNS64 service starts but cannot accept traffic. Will retry to start the socket listeners [39] more times every [30] seconds."

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Saturday, June 4, 2011 1:43 AM

Answers

• One step further now... needed this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2439186

Still having some problems with NLB, though.

The DA status screen in the UAG Web Monitor site thinks everything's healthy.  Activation monitor indicates both my nodes successfully activated.  Status monitor for the array indicates I'm converged and synced.

Clients can't connect, though, and pings aren't coming back from load balanced IPs.  Not seeing the pings or HTTPS or Teredo attempt traffic in NetMon on UAG, though it is traversing my external perimeter FW.

Not sure if it's a VMWare issue or an NLB configuration issue.  I'm using Multicast NLB, which is supposedly supported by UAG SP1.  I've opened a case with Microsoft, I'll let you know how it turns out.

UPDATE: Looks like the issue may be solved.  The Cisco switch was not creating arp entries for the VIPs.  Talked with MS Support and the guy was able to troubleshoot the issue within minutes.  Sharp guy named Ben Ari, think he posts on here sometimes.

Ross

• Marked as answer by RossJG Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:39 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:12 PM