none
I need Help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• i was using the forefront security on my network for about one and half month and all of a sudden it fails to update automatically and its not functioning until i download manually and update one after the other (about 120 workstation). Please is there any way i can redefine the rules and i cant see the report or anything again, the person that installed it has gone and l resumed to continue the maitenance but i cant do anything.

is there a way  i can do a step by step check and also can i change the password to be able to deploy new rules for it to automatically update?

Please help me
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, this error may related to a known issue:

The Forefront Client Security management console closes or the dashboard statistics are incorrect if the managed computers have not reported statistics for
    more than 30 days

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942581/en-us

To resolve this problem, run the KB942581.sql script file that is included in the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:

1.      Save the KB42581.sql script file to the Forefront Client Security collection database server.

2.      On the collection database server, start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.

3.      Click Connect.

4.      On the File menu, point to Open, and then click File.

5.      Locate the KB942581.sql script file that you saved in step 1.

6.      Click Execute.

7.      Make sure that you receive the following message:

Command(s) completed successfully

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:15 AM

All replies

• It sounds like a problem with your WSUS approvals.
    Check the windowsupdate.log on one of the clients to see if your getting an error or if it simply says that 0 updates are detected.
    It's probably not detecting updates because the WSUS server isn't auto-approving them.

If you can't get into the FCS console, then you probably have a bigger problem (what errors do you get).

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:17 PM
  • hi,

did you open Automatic Update on client side?

and you can configure WSUS on your network...

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:53 AM
  • i cant hav any access to the report and everything, i think the guy the left did something to it. i dont hav access to view the MOM too. the erroe message i receive is "An error occured during view refreshing, verify that you have successfully configured the wizard and hav permission to access the management server. l've changed the access rules and user name but i cant still complete the wizard or view the management server. Please i need help!!! i wont mind if you can allow us hav a chat on yahoo messenger or skype. Thank you
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

As far as I know, this error may related to a known issue:

The Forefront Client Security management console closes or the dashboard statistics are incorrect if the managed computers have not reported statistics for
    more than 30 days

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942581/en-us

To resolve this problem, run the KB942581.sql script file that is included in the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:

1.      Save the KB42581.sql script file to the Forefront Client Security collection database server.

2.      On the collection database server, start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.

3.      Click Connect.

4.      On the File menu, point to Open, and then click File.

5.      Locate the KB942581.sql script file that you saved in step 1.

6.      Click Execute.

7.      Make sure that you receive the following message:

Command(s) completed successfully

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:15 AM
  • I've tried to get the hotfix but the download page does not work. How can it be downloads or retrieved?

Wec - Engineer

Monday, October 19, 2015 11:02 PM