none
End point Compliance Check hangs in Firefox/Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a problem with end point detection on Firefox and Chrome browsers (works in IE). I've verified that JRE 1.6 is installed and active within the browsers but when I hit my portal url (and accept the security warning), all I get is a window saying "Checking for device compliance" which just hangs there for a long time. After a few minutes, Firefox displays a UAG page saying login failed because credentials were not entered within the timeframe whereas Chrome simply displays an error "Page is not responding...do u want to kill page".

On the UAG box, I see a warning "A request from source IP address x.x.x.x, user on trunk devinternal; Secure=1 for application Internal Site of type InternalSite failed. The URL /InternalSite/applet/com/opswat/agent/AgentAppletDriver.class contains an illegal path. The rule applied is Default rule. The method is GET"

I've verified that there is a rule (put in by UAG) within the trunk configuration URL Set which allows "/internalsite/applet/(detectjava|microsoftclient|oesislocal|runtimeelevator|agent_win_helper|agent_mac_helper|agent_lin_helper)\.jar" which I believe should cover this URL (since the .class is within one of the jars which are allowed by the rule). Is this not correct?

Just to test, I also created an explicit rule to allow the exact url as well as a wildcard but neither helped.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Versions:

• UAG Service Pack 1
    • Firefox 7.0
    • Chrome 15.0.874
    • JRE 1.6

Thanks

PawarK

Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks Paul

I had some difficulty in applying the specific security update so I pushed this back and applied the UAG SP1 Update 1 (which was due for a different purpose).

However I now see that this has fixed the class problem as well!

To summarize, no extra url's needed and end point components now work in firefox, chrome without any issues.

Cheers

PawarK

• Marked as answer by PawarK Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I did some testing on this and the actual agentappletdriver applet also attempts to load the url ../agentappletdriver/class.class so this needs to be added into the url set as follows :

/internalsite/applet/com/opswat/agent/agentappletdriver/class.class

this will allow the applet to run.

You should also apply the recent security update - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522485

Thanks

--pf

Friday, November 18, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Thanks Paul

I had some difficulty in applying the specific security update so I pushed this back and applied the UAG SP1 Update 1 (which was due for a different purpose).

However I now see that this has fixed the class problem as well!

To summarize, no extra url's needed and end point components now work in firefox, chrome without any issues.

Cheers

PawarK

• Marked as answer by PawarK Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:18 AM
  • Hi all,

although this discussion is almost one year old, I found it today because I'm afflicted with the same problem. Unlike to you, my UAG has already SP2 installed which includes all previous updates, doesn't it?

I tried Firefox and Chrome and both have the same problem. Are there any hints what to do considering the fact that SP2 is installed. With Internet Explorer everything works fine.

Regards

Sebastian

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:03 AM