none
Any way to connect external ERP with UAG DA RRS feed

• Question

• I have UAG DA working great for most of our internal applications including connecting to other sites or ours through site-to-site vpn's.  Now i have one major task left and that's to see if we can get our ERP system (SAP) that is hosted externally from us but is used onsite through a site-to-site vpn to work with UAG DA.

I've tried creating a hostname tied to the IP and using that hostname on the ERP client software but it didn't like that.

Can someone give me more ideas to try and get it to work the way it is or is my only option something like appv for the ERP?

Friday, October 22, 2010 2:40 PM

Answers

• While we decided to do it that way, we haven't done it yet :/  The project got put on a back burner to make room for other projects (like building the RDS environment) and for the time being users only access SAP when on site.
    MrShannon | TechNuggets Blog | Concurrency Blogs
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, October 25, 2010 10:44 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Nix that last question, if you revisit this, it works easily by setting the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environmental path to for everyone.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:41 PM

All replies

• After a little more testing, i created a hostname internally and put that in the connection box for the SAP client.  It does work internally with the ipv4 hostname.

When getting on UAG DA, i'm able to ping that hostname and get the ipv6 address but the client still won't connect to the erp system.  It gives me a hostname unknown error

Friday, October 22, 2010 3:16 PM
  • I have not had any luck getting the SAP client to work over UAG DA.  It just doesn't seem to support IPv6.  We decided to publish the client as an RDS RemoteApp instead of install it locally on the DA clients, but if you find a solution I would love to hear it.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 4:10 PM
  • I just found this which might be useful in getting SQP to use IPv6...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/d280d334381d21e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:16 PM
  • Have you had any people report any issues using the remoteapps for SAP? I'm guessing this is my best way of doing it since i can't configure anything on the SAP server itself since it's hosted.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:39 PM
  • While we decided to do it that way, we haven't done it yet :/  The project got put on a back burner to make room for other projects (like building the RDS environment) and for the time being users only access SAP when on site.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Did you manage to do any testing with it?  I have it working and can verify that it does work through the remoteapps.  the problem i have now is that i can't get the saplogin.ini file to copy over to the terminal servers user account nor save a the config by creating it manually on the clients.  I've given the domain users admin rights on the terminal server and still no luck.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:20 PM
  • we're using sap 7.2 so the config file is stored in appdata now, not in the windows directory
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Nix that last question, if you revisit this, it works easily by setting the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environmental path to for everyone.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:41 PM