none
DA (UAG) server appears to be configured correctly, but test client not working and getting error in client DA Connectivity Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• The error on the client is "Your computer is not configured correctly for DirectAccess. IPv6 is not enabled correctly."  The client is off-site.

I'm not sure where to start.  Looking at the DCA default log, I see some things that jump out:

1) My probes list show 3 resolved names and 1 FAIL.  The fail is for the NLS, which I'd expect off-site.  The three "resolved names" have IPv6 addresses that correspond to my DA server's 6to4 IPv6 addresses.

2) The "netsh int teredo show state" shows type as disabled and state as offline.

3) The "netsh int httpstunnel show interfaces" shows a "last error code" 0x643, and "interface status" says IPHTTPS interface creation failure.

I am really inexperienced with IPv6, so maybe I'm missing something super obvious.  Or maybe there's some resource on this I should be reading?  I'm also wondering, isn't there some APIPA equivalent for IPv6?  Because my NIC isn't showing me any IPv6 address at all on this client (unlike on my server).

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Friday, April 8, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• I've found what was wrong.  The desktop admins were pushing a setting to disable IPv6 in the test forest.  I had even checked for this after I got the test machine (at the time it was in the prod forest), but apparently the setting is also being pushed in the test forest where I then moved it to.  :(  As soon as I changed the value of "disablecomponents" from 0xffffffff to 0, I no longer had the issue.  Now I'm on to troubleshooting a name resolution problem :)
    • Marked as answer by RossJG Friday, April 8, 2011 5:13 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 5:12 PM