none
Antigen Updates RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    We run Exchange 2003 SP2 currently. Over the last week or so our Antigen (9.2.1097, SP2) hasn't been updating. The Administrator console shows:

    "State - 'Unspecified error' (0x80004005)"

    And in the event logs we see the following message logged:

    "The digital signature associated with the engine manifest file is either missing or invalid, or the file is corrupt.  (0x800b0003) The form specified for the subject is not one supported or known by the specified trust provider.  Unable to setup a trust provider."

    We use the Norman and Microsoft engines, I rebuilt them both manually but they still aren't pulling updates down. Has anyone come across this issue before? No configuration has been changed on either Exchange or our Firewall.

    Monday, March 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Answers

  • Hi Joyce,

    We actually got to the bottom of this yesterday, the service account we use for proxy authentication had been taken out of a group that allowed web access. We didn't pick it up initially as the error being logged didn't really point to an authentication problem and as far as we knew, nothing had changed. Quite a simple resolution, it just took us a while to get there, suffice to say the offending member of staff has been shot :)

    Many Thanks,


    • Marked as answer by Braham20 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:48 AM
    • Edited by Braham20 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:48 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Have you checked Antigen program log (ProgramLog.txt)? Anything helpful?

    You could use the the Antigen diagnostic utility to help you troubleshoot this issue.

    Appendix D - Using the Antigen diagnostic utility

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb914019.aspx

    Best Regards,


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:17 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Joyce,

    We actually got to the bottom of this yesterday, the service account we use for proxy authentication had been taken out of a group that allowed web access. We didn't pick it up initially as the error being logged didn't really point to an authentication problem and as far as we knew, nothing had changed. Quite a simple resolution, it just took us a while to get there, suffice to say the offending member of staff has been shot :)

    Many Thanks,


    • Marked as answer by Braham20 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:48 AM
    • Edited by Braham20 Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:48 AM