We are using DirectAccess over Server 2012. There is just one server, no load balancing.
Everything works fine, all clients can connect successfully and operations status page shows all in green. Nevertheless on the dashboard page in the configuration status section it say “Configuration for server [servername] cannot be retrieved from the domain controller.”
I found a few hints what could cause this problem:
In my case, the RAConfigTask, a scheduled task, was not enabled on the affected WS2012 server (DA entry point in a multisite deployment). After just enabling it, the errors has gone." http://blog.gocloud-security.ch/2013/01/11/ws2012-directaccess-and-the-configuration-for-server-server-name-retrieved-from-the-domain-controller-cannot-be-applied-error/
Group Policy was filtering out my DA server from the GPO object for some reason. To fix, I opened up Group Policy Management on the domain controller and made sure that my DA server was a part of the group."http://www.joedissmeyer.com/2012/12/more-issues-and-solutions-for.html
Server has no connectivity to the domain in order to update the policies. Run “gpupdate /force” on the server to force policy update. GPO replication might be required in order to retrieve the updated configuration. This could be because there is no writable domain controller in the Active Directory site of the Remote Access server. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverNIS/thread/56fedb17-1274-4e1a-b2d0-fea809f0bc45
I checked everything. Task is enabled and completed successfully, GPO is not filtered out, run gpupdate without any errors, could connect to domain controller, no errors on domain controller, domain controller is writable.
So, I have no idea what could cause this error. Any ideas or hints?
- Editado skrueck quinta-feira, 13 de junho de 2013 13:48
Todas as Respostas
i have the exact same problem i figured out that there was a problem with the logon as a service
secpol.msc --> Local Policies --> User Rights Assignement, Logon as a service i have NT Service\All Services
i can acces the group policy via the cpnsole just fine i have not connectivity issues what so ever.
i decided to open a call with microsoft, their suggestion .... we dont know reinstall so i did and here we are same problem and no solution. it is getting frustrating...
I have a similar issue that says that I dont have access to the GPO. The Direct Access itself still works, but all of the sudden I cannot access the wizard to make changes or see the configuration. I have done the same troubleshooting you listed above and found no answer thus far. I have a ticket open with Microsoft on the issue. If/when I get a resolution I will share it.
I have a similar problem. The GPO is downloaded to the server, but the scheduled task that applies the setting fails with code "0x1" but no where can one see what the code does, or whats going wrong. Elsewhere its suggested that certificates on the hidden interfaces are whats causing the problem, but why hide all the interfcaes....
I wonder if there is a RODC in play here. RODC's don't allow you to access GPO settings.
I'm getting the same error and I think it's because the server is on the same subnet/site as the RODC we have in our DMZ. I'm thinking if there is a way to force the logon to only go to specific domain controllers, then I can skip the RODC for AD queries and tasks.
Using DirectAccess with RODC is not supported : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn464274.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#bkmk_rodc
You can try to use the Windows Firewall of your DirectAccess server to deny connexions to the RODC's IP Address.
Check also this article, it's for Windows 7 but it may help you: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Windows7/AdminTips/ActiveDirectory/Hardcodingthelogondomaincontroller.html
You should check if the DC that DirectAccess communicates with is still available. Each entrypoint will pick a domain controller to communicate and it will get/write the policy only against that DC.
for this you should use the get-daentrypointdc command
Managed to crack this, redeployed a fresh version of Windows 2012. Patched but did not upgrade .NET, left it as native. Increased the IPv4 adapter order up so it was higher than IPv6. Internet / DMZ link added a missing default gateway. Internal LAN removed default gateway. DOS - added a static route for the internal LAN.
- Sugerido como Resposta MattRW sexta-feira, 31 de julho de 2015 16:34