none
1803, most of the computers "Not Applicable"

Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to install 1803 upgrade to our pilot computers via WSUS. They all have been installed via MDT from 1709 image. For some reason, all Lenovo laptops and workstations shows up as "Not Applicable" in WSUS, and wont even try to install update. 

I have couple of older Dell laptops, which has been installed using same base image. They are outside of our pilot group, and the upgrade has not yet been approved for them. However, their status is "not installed", meaning they would need the 1803 upgrade and the upgrade is suitable for them. 

Computers has no problem fetching and installing other updates.

So what could cause this?  

lundi 7 mai 2018 10:29

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Did you refer to this links for a similar issue:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1776782-feature-update-to-1607-not-applicable.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

mardi 8 mai 2018 06:26
  • Hi and thank you for your reply.

I've tried that on single pilot computer, but that did not make any difference.

I have now changed the setting on other pilot computers also, just to be sure.

mardi 8 mai 2018 09:44
  • I have the same problem.

I upgraded my pc from Wsus on May 2, and all the computers was showing like needing update.

But after the patch tuesday all the computers was moved to not applicable.

vendredi 11 mai 2018 15:01
  • Rgeor, what  is your type of deployment for new workstations?

Can you please check on the "not applicable" compures, go to the command prompt and run:

slmgr /dli

I noticed that the only computers that are applicable shows : "RETAIL Channel", when those who are not applicable show "VOLUME_MAK Channel" . Will the updates for these be released at different times?

lundi 14 mai 2018 07:24
  • OK, I changed one of the computers' product key from the MAK key we use to oem-key that comes with all the computers. Immediatly the status changed from not applicable to not installed and is now downloading the 1803 package..
    lundi 14 mai 2018 10:11
  • I run the command and show me RETAIL Channel.

The 1709 upgrade is normal, then not is problem with my server.

lundi 14 mai 2018 12:13
  • I realized that I have one machine that the language is English and it is detecting the upgrade and showing not installed.

The problem is with the machines that the language is Brazilian Portuguese.

lundi 14 mai 2018 14:26
  • Mine are all En-US  :-(

Does anyone has a clue, why changing a license form mak to oem fixes the issue?

mercredi 16 mai 2018 12:27
  • Today the computers changed to not installed.

I didn't do anything and the upgrade revision doesn't changed. I don't know what is happening.

vendredi 18 mai 2018 12:23