none
SharePoint 2013 Single Sign On (ADFS)

Question

• We have a SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise Edition on-premises and hosted multiple websites on that. We need SSO to login on one of the website by using ADFS.  AD is in another premises and we will require to login on the website by using domain user.

Can some one share the steps we will required to setup SSO including challenges and complications ?

Thanks Ranveer Katiyar

mercredi 11 juillet 2018 12:46

Toutes les réponses

• Here's a step by step guide to ADFS with SharePoint:

https://samlman.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/configuring-sharepoint-2010-and-adfs-v2-end-to-end/

With that said, I don't recommend SAML with SharePoint.

1) You will not be able to use the Cloud Search Service in a hybrid scenario

2) Various features do not work, such as Search Alerts or consuming pictures from Exchange

3) The People Picker will allow any value, including invalid values, as it has nothing to validate the value against. There is a work around for this, though: https://github.com/Yvand/LDAPCP

If you want SSO, you can still use ADFS with a Non-Claims Aware relying party. This allows you to continue to use Windows auth on the SharePoint side while still having SSO from ADFS. You can also use Azure AD App Proxy, as well, provided you have licensing for it.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

mercredi 11 juillet 2018 14:40
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

How are you today? Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue?

If you think Trevor's suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Ethan Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 07:52