none
How do I export database properties from visio to excel? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to generate a report from the database.

I am using Visio  2010. I would like to include the
    table names, column names , column types and the comments that I
    entered in the NOTES field associated with the tables and columns.
    Basically, I would like to generate a data dictionary report.

PLEASE HELP ME...

mercredi 8 août 2012 12:26

Toutes les réponses

• Unfortunately not all of the fields within the database wizard are available for export. They're stored internally in a proprietary format.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

mercredi 8 août 2012 12:33
  • Unfortunately not all of the fields within the database wizard are available for export. They're stored internally in a proprietary format.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

You mean : " I do not get report.. table names, column names , column types and the comments that I
    entered in the NOTES field "

Am i right ?

mercredi 8 août 2012 12:37
  • at least for the 'comments' part, I'm not sure on the others.

al

mercredi 8 août 2012 14:25
  • at least for the 'comments' part, I'm not sure on the others.

al

Hi Al Edlund, firstly thanks for answers but i really have a big problem. I have finished my work and i thought visio would give a document about table and table fields " NOTES " so i see, it does not give any document. Tell me what can i do ?

I should tell this " it was a very big Database ;  745 tables and 4289 table fields.. " so i have written their " NOTES (description).. I've been looking for a way this problem.. Please tell me a way to solve this.

What can i do to get a document ?

jeudi 9 août 2012 08:26