none
MDAC issue in Win 7

Question

• I have installed InnoCielo Meridian on a Win 7 computer and initially had a problem with registering a DLL, but after I ran a batch file selecting Runas Administrator it registered successfully.  However I now get an error code when i run the app.  The error code is 0x80004005.  Doing a search tends to suggest it is an MDAC compatability issue.  Anyone have any ideas on where I start to resolve this?
    mercredi 20 mai 2009 05:27

Réponses

• Hello,

Here is an article from MS about this error:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307495

"PRB: Error 0x80004005 When You Try to Register a WebClass DLL"

"This error message occurs when you try to register the DLL on a computer other than the one on which it was created."
    • Marqué comme réponse Nick FV mercredi 3 juin 2009 21:11
    mercredi 20 mai 2009 17:03

Toutes les réponses

• Hello,

Here is an article from MS about this error:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307495

"PRB: Error 0x80004005 When You Try to Register a WebClass DLL"

"This error message occurs when you try to register the DLL on a computer other than the one on which it was created."
    • Marqué comme réponse Nick FV mercredi 3 juin 2009 21:11
    mercredi 20 mai 2009 17:03
  • I am also trying to install Meridian on Win 7, 64 bit version.  i am getting the dll registering errors, can you describe in detail what you did to fix it? Thanks
    jeudi 21 mai 2009 20:31
  • Hi,

Did you write your command lines as simple user or as admin - rightclick on command prompt and run as admin?
    You may not have the sufficient privileges to run this app

This article from MS may help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/

samedi 23 mai 2009 19:07
  • Sorry about the late reply, I have not logged in here for a while.

Instead of running regsrv from a command prompt, I put the regesvr command in a batch file, then set the properties of the batch file to runas Administrator.
    jeudi 4 juin 2009 03:04
  • I have tried changing the shortcut properties to start Meridian to runas Administrator.
    jeudi 4 juin 2009 03:05
  • Hi, David:

Does the second problem solved? i.e. the situation you you run the application, you got error code 0x80004005?

If not, could you provide more information about the error? besides the error code, what's the error information, how do you run the app (steps) and you got the failure? 
      Have you tried to run the app if UAC is disabled? what kind of information/search results make you think the issue is MDAC related?

thanks,
    ronggang.
    jeudi 4 juin 2009 07:45
  • I have installed InnoCielo Meridian on a Win 7 computer and initially had a problem with registering a DLL, but after I ran a batch file selecting Runas Administrator it registered successfully.  However I now get an error code when i run the app.  The error code is 0x80004005.  Doing a search tends to suggest it is an MDAC compatability issue.  Anyone have any ideas on where I start to resolve this?
    Good Morning!

I'm having the following error in Meridian, the same is true when I try to edit the information in a document with certain users.

Access denied
    Error code: 0x8007005
    Source: IC Meridian Object Manager
    History: _FOLDER_CREATE
    mercredi 6 juin 2018 11:19