re-installation win7 problems [solved] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I used to try 7, it's really cool but, since i re-installed it, i have some problems.

The first time i installed it, my gfx has been known, (ATI radeon mobility X700) but the second time, it didn't recognize it. I tried to install drivers for 7 but it doesn't work, does microsoft stopped the update about this card ? It was great to not have t install and let windows doing it...
    Thanx a lot

mercredi 22 avril 2009 20:15

Réponses

• Hi pelerin,

glad to know everything went well, could you validate an answer so the post gets tagged as solved (even if you already tagged it, the system keeps showing it as unsolved untill one of the answer gets validated...)

best regards,

Pierre;

Pierre JOUBERT -www.redkaffe.com- Pensez a marquer vos posts comme resolus quand ils le sont..merci.
    • Marqué comme réponse pelerin86 samedi 9 mai 2009 08:33
    vendredi 8 mai 2009 16:52

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

You might go to the AMD website here:

ATI radeon mobility X700

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

and download the driver for your OS (Vista x32 or x64) and install it as administrator in compatibility mode for Vista.

Unfortunately they did the same way for others graphic cards but we have to wait for the Finale Version of Win 7.

I hope this helps.

jeudi 23 avril 2009 06:33
  • Hi !
    And thanx for ur answer, i tried to install drivers for vista but it doesn't work in compability mode for vista as admin.
    I wanted to try the new release on may 5th, but if it is the same mess, i'll wait for the final version.
    I don't know why Microsoft stopped the automatic download for graphic cards but it's really not cool from them !
    jeudi 23 avril 2009 06:58
  • Hi pelerin86,

don't fear, the RC will most probably have built-in drivers for your video card.
    give it a shot on may 5TH, and give us a little feedback on it :)

best regards,

PierrE.

Pierre JOUBERT -www.redkaffe.com- Pensez a marquer vos posts comme resolus quand ils le sont..merci.
    lundi 27 avril 2009 06:47
  • For sure i'm waiting for the RC on may 5th ! Hope the problem will be resolved ;)
    Thanx again for this active support, i'll come back after may 5th ;)

P86
    lundi 27 avril 2009 14:30
  • As i promised, here i am after installing Win7 RC !
    My ATI card has been found by microsoft drivers and all work very well !
    vendredi 8 mai 2009 08:17
  • Hi pelerin86,

Glad to know everything went well :)

I am very pleased with this RC and I am still to encounter the first real issue in using Seven...everything just works on my 3 PCs and everything is running smoothly both in workgroup or in domain joined pcs under SBS2008...

Best regards,

PierrE.

vendredi 8 mai 2009 08:52
  • I am very pleased too, i think, except if pc goes down, that i'll wait 7 instead using vista !
    Thanx again for all answers !
    vendredi 8 mai 2009 14:38
  • Hi pelerin,

glad to know everything went well, could you validate an answer so the post gets tagged as solved (even if you already tagged it, the system keeps showing it as unsolved untill one of the answer gets validated...)

best regards,

Pierre;

• Marqué comme réponse pelerin86 samedi 9 mai 2009 08:33
    vendredi 8 mai 2009 16:52