none
You don't appear to have permission to view the account credentials for this result source.

Question

• Hi ,

Am getting below warning message after clicking on a result source . am part of  search service Administrators group and I have SPSearchDBAdmin permission on the search related Databases.

You don't appear to have permission to view the account credentials for this result source. You need permissions at the level at which the result source was created. For example, only an account with administrator permissions for a Search Service application can view the account credentials for a result source created at that level.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

Thanks,

vendredi 15 mai 2015 12:58

Réponses

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it displayed a warning message when you clicked on a result source provided by SharePoint in Search Service Application.

I have tested in my environment using farm account and reproduced the warning message. It seems that the result sources provided by SharePoint are unable to change.

You can point to the arrow next to an existing result source, click Copy, and then modify the copy as necessary and save it with a new name.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lundi 18 mai 2015 09:13
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it displayed a warning message when you clicked on a result source provided by SharePoint in Search Service Application.

I have tested in my environment using farm account and reproduced the warning message. It seems that the result sources provided by SharePoint are unable to change.

You can point to the arrow next to an existing result source, click Copy, and then modify the copy as necessary and save it with a new name.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lundi 18 mai 2015 09:13
    Modérateur
  • this is affected by many factors such as where is the result source defined. for example, when I connect a Publishing Portal to Product Catalogue, a result source will be create at site collection level. If I click open the result source at site level result source management, I will see this message. If I click open it at site collection level, it will be opened in edit mode.

and by reviewing the editresultsource class code, it seems that the message will always display if the page is opened in View mode, that is, with view=1 querystring

jeudi 14 juin 2018 06:18
    Modérateur