none
Save jpeg picture in CMYK Color format

Question

• I want to save a jpeg picture in the CMYK color format. Except the pull down  menu selection is not highlighted under the Color Format titled for JPG output options display.

Is there another way to save a picture to the CMYK color format?

Thanks

mardi 4 juillet 2017 19:53

Toutes les réponses

• Pull-down menu selection in what software?

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

vendredi 7 juillet 2017 12:28
  • Hi,

Do you want to use Visio to save a jpeg picture in the CMYK color format?

As this is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Visio, I suggest you provide more information about your problem so that I can get more accurate solutions to this problem. I’m glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vendredi 28 juillet 2017 09:50
  • Hi.

I have the same question because I'm trying to create images for sending to a commercial printer & need the images to use the CMYK colour model.

1. In Visio (2010), I select File > Save As. The Save As dialog displays.
    2. In the Save as type field, I select JPEG ... (*.jpg) and select the Save button. The JPG OUtput Options dialog displays.
    3. In the Color format field, I select the drop down arrow to change from the default RGB color. Other options, including CMYK, are displayed but all are disabled (grayed out)--I tried to attach an image but got a message saying my account needs to be verified before I can attach images but no explanation of what that entails/if I need to do anything :-(
    4. How can I enable & select the CMYK color option?

Thanks,
    Peter

vendredi 29 juin 2018 05:24
  • Very few image formats are CMYK compatible, certainly not JPEG, which is a lossy format anyway, not recommended. I suggest you do a SaveAs into TIFF format, then load the file into a good image editor and you should be able to save in CMYK. Some colours don't translate from RGB to CMYK correctly, RGB is light based, CMYK is ink based and the two are fundermentally incompatible.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

vendredi 29 juin 2018 11:47