none
Office 365 and SharePoint 2013 On-premise

Question

• Hello SP Gurus - We have just migrated our users to the cloud. We are in process to deploy office 2016. We are moving our Intranet News Bulletin to Yammer. The question is our documents are in on-premise SharePoint. Would users be able to access the news items that refer document from on-premise SharePoint document libraries seamlessly? or they would be prompt for credentials? Currently we have no plans to move on SharePoint online because we have many custom solutions on it. 

How others are handling hybrid environment?

Thanks & Regards,

Khushi

mercredi 6 juin 2018 18:53

Réponses

• I'm assuming Windows Claims (and not SAML or FBA) on SharePoint, correct? If the user is already authenticated to SharePoint on-prem or has some form of SSO/silent sign in (e.g. using Windows auth and the SharePoint URL is in the Intranet Zone), they won't be prompted for creds.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marqué comme réponse KhushiSShaikh mercredi 13 juin 2018 21:34
    mercredi 6 juin 2018 23:36
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• If you have AAD Connect in place, yes. The authentication scenario is a bit complex depending on your configuration from a client side as well as what auth scenario you're using in SharePoint on-prem, but it is certainly possible to do what you want.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

mercredi 6 juin 2018 19:19
    Modérateur
  • Trevor, we have claim-based auth in on-prem SharePoint. Yes, AAD is in place. Though we have some issues going on with Skype for Business where user's presence is unknown. No issues in accessing intranet. My only fear is if user access any link referencing the on-premise SharePoint Document from Yammer. Would it be seamless to user to access intranet documents?

Thanks & Regards,

Khushi

mercredi 6 juin 2018 19:37
  • I'm assuming Windows Claims (and not SAML or FBA) on SharePoint, correct? If the user is already authenticated to SharePoint on-prem or has some form of SSO/silent sign in (e.g. using Windows auth and the SharePoint URL is in the Intranet Zone), they won't be prompted for creds.

Trevor Seward

• Marqué comme réponse KhushiSShaikh mercredi 13 juin 2018 21:34
    mercredi 6 juin 2018 23:36
    Modérateur
  • Thanks Trevor!

Khushi

mercredi 13 juin 2018 21:34