none
Visio 2016 - Unable to open AutoCad files

Question

• Hi,

I am using Visio 2016 but unable to open AutoCAD files of type .dwg in visio 2016. Auto cad files are of 2013 version. I tried all the methods.

1. open Auto cad files as ->'other files' in visio

2. open Auto cad files in visio from Addons ->visio extras->convert CAD drawings

The results are the same. I get the following error

'cannot open the file. The file may not be a DWG or DXF file, It may not be in a supported version of the DWG file format, or it may be corrupted. check the file and try again.

I am able to open .dwg files in other tools like Micro station (Bentley) but not in visio 2016!

can someone help me urgently please?

Regards

Udaya p

• Modifié udaya p mercredi 2 mai 2018 07:17
    mercredi 2 mai 2018 06:52

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Udaya,

Please try to save the AutoCAD file as an AutoCAD 2007 .dwg or .dxf file before opening it in Visio 2016. Then confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 3 mai 2018 07:51
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

lundi 7 mai 2018 09:50
    Modérateur