none
SharePoint 2016 No option to save site as template

Toutes les réponses

• What site template did you use? Publishing doesn't allow it, for example.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

lundi 11 juin 2018 17:58
    Modérateur
  • After you create a site and add some document Libraries I believe you should be able to save the site as a template so when you create another new site you can select the template you created and it will create a new site with the document libraries from the template? I know the old versions of SharePoint allowed you to do this
    lundi 11 juin 2018 18:16
  • That's never been the case with sites using the Publishing template or after the Publishing infrastructure site feature has been enabled. So what template is this? Have any publishing features been enabled?

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

lundi 11 juin 2018 18:33
    Modérateur
  • I just enabled SharePoint Server Publishing but still no go.

Something I need to do on Central Admin?

I'm going to try to enable more site features

lundi 11 juin 2018 18:40
  • Once you enable Publishing, you cannot save the site as a template. You have to create a new site without Publishing enabled. Disabling Publishing and saving a site as a template is not supported.

Trevor Seward

lundi 11 juin 2018 18:41
    Modérateur
  • I originally didn't have SharePoint Server Publishing  and could not save the site as template?

Maybe some other type of combination issue ?

lundi 11 juin 2018 18:54
  • What template are you using when you created this site?

Trevor Seward

lundi 11 juin 2018 18:56
    Modérateur
  • Hi kman589, 

If you enable "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" site collection feature, the save site as template option will be hide.

To save site as template in SharePoint 2016 site, open your SharePoint site with SharePoint Designer, click Site Options-> Change SaveSiteAsTemplateEnabled to True.

Then navigate to http://your site/_layouts/15/savetmpl.aspx, you can save the site as template.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mardi 12 juin 2018 03:26
    Modérateur
  • Hi Lisa,

You cannot , even you change the site properties. The template will be corrupted and you cannot reuse this template in the site where Publishing feature is being enabled.

Murugesa Pandian MCSA,MCSE,MCPD

Gear up for some solid action by doing. Slide,theory and blog won't useful much. 
    After all world likes only doers not sayers/speakers .

mardi 12 juin 2018 03:56
  • Hi,

Deactivate all Publishing features from your site and try to save the site as template. If you have huge data and Managed meta data enabled on your site then you need to try the other option for backup and restore your site either BackUp-SPSite or Content DB backup approach for your site.

Murugesa Pandian MCSA,MCSE,MCPD

Gear up for some solid action by doing. Slide,theory and blog won't useful much. 
    After all world likes only doers not sayers/speakers .

mardi 12 juin 2018 04:00
  • Hi kman589, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 14 juin 2018 10:42
    Modérateur