none
During weekend log file grows really big for a DB in SQLSERVER 2008 R2

Question

• Hi,

During weekend  log file grows really big for a DB in SQLSERVER 2008 R2,but this DB do not have any think special going on during weekend .

This is a ware house DB and data comes from another server every night,  remaining databases gets data from this database.

I am working on this issue to find out how the log file is growing because of only querying  the data.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you

mardi 24 avril 2018 15:43

Toutes les réponses

• I suspect you have some maintenance operation going on - like reinidexing or defragging.

Check to see if you have any maintenance plans scheduled for the weekend which might account for this.

• Proposé comme réponse Tom Phillips mardi 24 avril 2018 19:07
    mardi 24 avril 2018 15:49
  • Thank you Hilary ,it helped me a lot.

We do have index reorganize on the DB and update statistics on the other DB.

Thank you

mardi 24 avril 2018 19:05
  • Hi Hilary,

i have executed the job which reorganizes the index and update statistics but this didn't cause any log growth.

Thank you

mercredi 25 avril 2018 11:42
  • Hi Hilary,

i have executed the job which reorganizes the index and update statistics but this didn't cause any log growth.

Thank you

This is NOT possible the log file will definitely grow more or less it depends. You might have done for small databases. I would suggest to use Ola Hallengren Index maintenance solutions you can also use My Custom script which is not as good as Ola's but does the job.

I asking you to do so because you must be using maintenance plan to do index rebuild which is not an intelligent one and may do it for all indexes which is really not required

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

mercredi 25 avril 2018 13:05