none
Copy an Assigned To Column to Text Column

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to copy an assigned to column into a text column.  I am trying to leverage a team roster, using the Assigned To field to assign team members to different projects. I have created this roster using a task list.  I then want to create a user specific view in the project library based on the user's assignment to a project from the task list so they have a central location to access  all assigned projects. Unfortnately, I cannot use the [me] function in a calculated or lookup column. I was told that copying the assigned to column to a text column via a workflow would give me the desired results. However - I can't seem to get the workflow to work.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Katye

• Modifié Katye R vendredi 8 juin 2018 12:23
    vendredi 8 juin 2018 12:22

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Katye,

From your description, I understand that you failed to get the workflow to work. Is there any error in the event log or ULS log?

Workflow has its own event log found here-

ULS also has the Workflow Services category, make sure it is turned on with this PowerShell command-

$level = "Workflow Services"

$level | Set-SPLogLevel -TraceSeverity VerboseEx

$level | Get-SPLogLevel #to make sure it was set right

When you want to set it back to the default level run this-

$level | Clear-SPLogLevel

Best regards,

Ethan Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

lundi 11 juin 2018 02:29