none
SharePoint 2013 - Unable to render the data. If the problem persists, contact your web server administrator.

Question

• Greetings,

Thanks to the detailed videos provided by Microsoft TechNet, I was able to setup my Secure Store Service, Performance Point Service and Business Data Connectivity Service.

Using SharePoint Designer 2013, I have created an External Content Types to a SQL database. I have given the unattended service account reader access to the SQL database.

Now when I create the external list, I get  "Unable to render the data. If the problem persists, contact your web server administrator."

I did come across the below thread on TechNet and run the powershell commands but it did not resolve the issue. The Enforced is not set to false.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/cbe4d5ee-e2cd-4496-9775-cb8c691db238/unable-to-render-the-data-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointcustomization

Below are the power shell commands

(1) Get the proxy for the BCS (BDC) :

$bdcProxy = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | where {$_.GetType().FullName -eq (‘Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.SharedService.’ + ‘BdcServiceApplicationProxy’)}

(2) Get the specific throttle rule – for that proxy :

$dbRule = Get-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Scope Database -ThrottleType Items -ServiceApplicationProxy $bdcProxy

(3) Set that rule to be off (enforced = false) :

Set-SPBusinessDataCatalogThrottleConfig -Identity $dbRule -Enforced:$false

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

dimanche 20 octobre 2013 01:40

Réponses

• Hi Aries,

Below were the steps to resolve the issue.

Try changing the External Content’s connection properties’ Authentication Mode to BDC identity. You will most like get an error (which I have shown below)

Below is an error you will received. Read through the error carefully.

Launch the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and run the below commands

$bcsServiceApp = Get-SPServiceApplication | where {$_ -match "Business Data Connectivity Service"}

$bcsServiceApp.RevertToSelfAllowed = $true;

$bcsServiceApp.Update();

You external list from SQL database will load on SharePoint.

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

vendredi 25 octobre 2013 18:25

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to help find a solution.

Due to the urgency of finding a solution we have put in a Microsoft Ticket for this issue.

Thanks

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

mardi 22 octobre 2013 12:23
  • Hi Dan,

Please let us know if there is any update regarding this issue, 

perhaps your post may help others that having the same issue with you.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mercredi 23 octobre 2013 08:12
  • Hi Aries,

Try changing the External Content’s connection properties’ Authentication Mode to BDC identity. You will most like get an error (which I have shown below)

$bcsServiceApp = Get-SPServiceApplication | where {$_ -match "Business Data Connectivity Service"}

$bcsServiceApp.Update();

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

vendredi 25 octobre 2013 18:25
  • Hi Aries,

$bcsServiceApp.Update();

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

Thanks Dan, it worked for me. Great help.
    mardi 29 octobre 2013 06:19
  • Can these commands be run on SharePoint Online?

Thanks

Kim

mardi 22 décembre 2015 16:05
  • I have changed the External Content’s connection properties’ Authentication Mode to BDC identity but still having an error: Message from External System : 'Login failed for user 'RHW\SPS_Farm'. !!!

mardi 30 mai 2017 08:55
  • Above command will not work with SharePoint Online/Office 365. Do any one having same issue with Office 365/SharePoint Online, kindly let me know as I'm facing same issue.

msdn.microsoft.com

• Proposé comme réponse Jay Doshi - SP vendredi 24 novembre 2017 08:19
    • Non proposé comme réponse Jay Doshi - SP vendredi 24 novembre 2017 08:19
    vendredi 24 novembre 2017 08:19
  • Hi Mohammed,

I am encountering the same issue than you. Did you manage to mitigate it?

Thanks,
    Marin

mercredi 14 février 2018 23:11
  • Apparently not (after connecting/authenticating via SharePoint Online Management Shell):

Get-SPServiceApplication : The term 'Get-SPServiceApplication' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-SPServiceApplication
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-SPServiceApplication:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

vendredi 13 juillet 2018 11:37