none
Repeating table of infopath form as sharepoint list

Question

• Hi I have developed info path form with repeating table in Farm Library. The repeating table has 3 fields (1) EMP Number (2) EMP Name (3) Marks I want to submit the Repeating Table Fields to sharepoint list. Can we do in OOB way. I have googled but could not find right solution. I have designed in Infopath 2013 and to be hosted on Sharepoint 2013.
    mercredi 13 juin 2018 10:28

Toutes les réponses

• Hi ravi shankar 123,

According to your requirement, I suggest you could create a list firstly and then create the form for the list.

You could follow the steps in the article below.

Submit InfoPath Each Repeating Table Data to SharePoint List as Individual Item.

http://shareallthepoint.blogspot.com/2015/07/submit-infopath-each-repeating-table.html

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 14 juin 2018 03:14
    Modérateur
  • I have different scenario.:

This is the form i have designed:

As can be seen from the above  Task Name, EMP NO, EMP NAME, Marks are in a repeating table. Once submit button is clicked the form is getting saved in a form library.

I want to save the data of repeating table data to another share point list through which i can trigger some workflow. I am looking for workflow as provided in the following youtube:

https://youtu.be/SZhmbOTykEM

The author of video did not share how he has done it.

jeudi 14 juin 2018 05:46
  • Hi ravi shankar 123,

Quoted from article:

“The InfoPath 2013 demo video below shows you how such a solution would work. Steps to create such a solution are provided in recipe 92 of InfoPath 2013 Cookbook 2.”

If you want to get the solution, you should buy the book.

More reference:

Create SharePoint 2013 list items from InfoPath 2013 repeating table.

https://infopath.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/create-sharepoint-2013-list-items-infopath-repeating-table/

Hope the article below will be helpful to you.

How to submit the rows of a repeating table in InfoPath to a SharePoint list.

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2007/how-to-submit-items-rows-repeating-table-infopath-sharepoint-list.htm

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mercredi 20 juin 2018 02:40
    Modérateur
  • Hi ravi shankar 123,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

lundi 25 juin 2018 01:40
    Modérateur
  • I could create the solution after much struggle . I have written the post in non developers view point.

How to update repeating table using MOSS 2013 workflow?

Scenario:

I wanted to develop a leaderboard for employees in MOSS 2013 using InfoPath 2013. The InfoPath form in document library is designed with the following fields in repeating table

Task Name

Employee Number

Name of the Employee

email of employee

Designation

Marks assigned for the activity

Sum of Rows field

After user submits the form the data in the repeating table i.e. EMP Number, Name , email, Location are to be posted in another SharePoint list. This is required to get summarized data for leader board calculations.

Solution:

(1)  Understand the dictionary:

A dictionary contains key and its value. For example, in my repeating table I have 10 keys and each cell in repeating table correspondence to value.

Suppose in the first row I have typed data as follows:

Task Name

Employee Number

Name of the Employee

email of employee

Designation

Marks assigned for the activity

Sum of Rows field

Learn workflow

Ravi Shankar

xxx@gmail.com

Head-Mktg

Develop workflow

Hillary

yyy@gmail.com

VP-Tech

The 10 key and values would be as follows

i.e.

“Task Name”: “Learn workflow”

“Employee Number”:”319300070”

“Name of the Employee”: “Ravi Shankar”

“email of employee”:”xxx@gmail.com”

“Designation”: “Head-Mktg”

“Marks assigned for the activity”:”10”

Please read the following blog

https://medium.com/plumsail/how-to-work-with-dictionaries-in-sharepoint-2013-and-office-365-workflow-6956bd6bed9f

The structure of dictionary is clearly explained in the blog. Once you understand dictionaries, please proceed forward.

(2)  build sub dictionary for rows in repeating table

I have created a field with title “sum of rows field”. Here I have concatenated all rows data.  For concatenating data, I have created two text fields First quote (“as default value) and second quote (” as default value). This is required as concatenate omits “ if it is directly put in formula box.

This is The default value for “sum of rows Field” has the following Formula used for concatenating

concat("{", first_quote, "R_Task_Name", second_quote, ":", first_quote, R_Task_Name, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Assignee_Emp_No", second_quote, ":", first_quote, substring(Assignee_Emp_No, 6, 8), second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Emp_Name", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Emp_Name, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Designation", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Designation, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Zone", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Zone, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Location", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Location, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Confirmed_Date", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Confirmed_Date, second_quote, ",", first_quote, "Marks_to_assignee", second_quote, ":", first_quote, Marks_to_assignee, second_quote, ",", "}")

So result in the InfoPath form for sub dictionary appears like follows:

First Row of data:

{“Task Name”: “Learn workflow”,“Employee Number”:”319300070”,“Name of the Employee”: “Ravi Shankar”,“email of employee”:”xxx@gmail.com”,“Designation”: “Head-Mktg”,“Marks assigned for the activity”:”10”}

Second row of data:

{"Task Name":"Develop workflow"      ,"Employee Number":"319300080"     ,"Name of the Employee":"Hillary","email of employee":"yyy@gmail.com"      ,"Designation":"VP-Tech","Marks assigned for the activity":"10" }          

(3)  Build Main dictionary

In main dictionary you are required to concat  “ Sum of rows data”.

Read the following blog for doing this :

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/infopath/2006/04/05/email-submit-to-line-loops-in-formulas/

I have used the following formula for merging appeared like this:

eval(eval(group2, 'concat(my: Sum of rows data, ",")'), "..")

The result of the formula is as follows

{“Task Name”: “Learn workflow”,“Employee Number”:”319300070”,“Name of the Employee”: “Ravi Shankar”,“email of employee”:”xxx@gmail.com”,“Designation”: “Head-Mktg”,“Marks assigned for the activity”:”10”}, {"Task Name":"Develop workflow"    ,"Employee Number":"319300080"     ,"Name of the Employee":"Hillary","email of employee":"yyy@gmail.com"      ,"Designation":"VP-Tech","Marks assigned for the activity":"10" }

The above result does not have “[“ and “]” symbols for converting it into dictionary. Thereof I have created another field with name “TotalConcat” to add brackets.  The resulting main dictionary has following structure.

[{key1:value1,key2:value2}, {key1:value1,key2:value2}]

(4)  Promote the Main dictionary:

Promote “Totalconcat” (i.e., my main dictionary) to SharePoint document library using form options/at the time of submission

(5)  Building workflow

Create a local variable main_dictionary (choose output as dictionary) in sharepoint designer and set its value to the promoted field (in my case TotalConcat)

Then count the items in main_dictionary variable using count items in dictionary workflow.

Then subtract 1 from the counted items and put the counted items to local variable (in my case reduce count). This is required as I have started Index from 0.

Set variable index to 0

Then insert conditional looping:

First step of Loop: This is a condition. In my case the condition is that the loop should work till it reaches variable reduced count.

Second step of loop:  Chooses action “Get item from dictionary” is set. In the item part choose variable index and in the dictionary choose field item Main Dictionary. Set the value to local variable (in my case var_sub_dictionary). (This step gets each sub dictionary from our main dictionary).

Third step –Ninth Step:

Action Get Item from Dictionary wad chosen. In the item part, I have used the Key name (i.e., Task Name, Employee Number etc..) and passed to local variables. By this step, value for each key is obtained and stored in a variable.

Tenth Step:

Action – Create List Item was chosen. The SharePoint list item gets created with local variables values of sub dictionary.

Eleventh and 12<sup>th</sup> Step:

Add 1 to index so that index increments by 1 for each loop.

Thanks for reading.

mardi 3 juillet 2018 17:16
  • Hi ravi shankar 123,

It is very happy that the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your sharing and it will help others have the same issue.

You could mark your reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

mercredi 4 juillet 2018 01:17
    Modérateur