Auteur de questions
When I looked at Running Jobs today I could see that User Profile Change Job had paused at 6 AM this morning.
Ten minutes after it paused the Timer Service Recycle succeeded, but after that there are no jobs running. (My local time is now 11.30 AM)
So what can be the reason that it has paused, causing all jobs to stop?
All services is started when I look at Services on Server, and FIM services are also running.
Opened User Profile Change Job and selected Run now, but nothing happens.
Restarting server didn't help either.
Event Viewer don't show any errors by the time the job paused.
How can I start it again and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?
- Modifié swetec mardi 7 février 2012 10:41
Toutes les réponses
Everyday.. Timer service recycles to perform better as lot of customizations are running in timer job. During the recycle process.. it pauses all the jobs that are pausable. Ideally it should continue the execution after the recycle has completed.
Please check the ULS logs during that time (6 am) to check for possible errors why it has not restarted the service..
This morning the same thing happened.
Almost anyway, this time it couldn't start Word Automation Services Timer Job.
I have checked the ULS log, but I can't find anything there that are pointing to my problem.
If someone have time to look at it you find it here -> http://lenab.se/ULS/, I'm new to SharePoint and maybe I'm just not understanding what it is the log file is trying to say. ;)
I have searched the internet, but I can't find any information about what it is that are causing this.
Maybe this is not so common?
Any updates on this?
I am having a similar problem but seems to be with multiple jobs on 2 of my 3 servers in the farm. The main application server (hosting CA) seems to be fine, but jobs on my 2nd app and wfe servers are stuck in a paused status. I have stopped/started timer service and cleared configuration cache on all servers... nothing seems to get these jobs through, nor any other timer jobs setup for the 2nd app and wfe servers....
I'm not sure what went wrong for me, but something had happened with my service account.
I changed to another service account that had the same configuration as the old account, and after that everything runs again.
I don't know why my old service account couldn't restart the services, and since it works now I haven't spent any time trying to figure out what exectly went wrong.