none
SharePoint 2016 List Level Permission (Share with) issue -

Question

• Getting the following error when the user shares a list item. Is  there any alternative option other than breaking the site level permission which is not a proper solution.

The following error is thrown in the log:

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.  

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSharingHelper..ctor(AclUIMode uiMode, SPSecurableObject securable, HttpRequest request, SPWeb web, Boolean additivePermission, Int32 groupId)   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AclInv.get_SPSharingHelper()   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AclInv.InitPage()   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AclInv.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()   

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

As per the below forum, issue is to break the  inheritance of the sub-site.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9b10595b-db10-409b-b570-7606f19f571f/error-setting-list-permissions-for-list-in-sub-site?forum=SP2016

To fix the issue:

Break inheritance of permissions of the sub-site (Site Settings > Site Permissions > Stop Inheriting Permissions (ribbon) )

dimanche 10 juin 2018 09:23

Toutes les réponses

•  

Hi ghsajith, 

I have done a test in my SharePoint 2016 and i can reproduce your issue. 

If I set permission for folder in list in site collection level, it can work.

If I set permission for folder in library in sub site, it also can work. So you could consider to store the information in library and set the permission for the folder in the library.

If you want to set permission for folder in list in sub site, the only workaround is to break inheritance of permissions of the sub-site (Site Settings > Site Permissions > Stop Inheriting Permissions (ribbon).

I would recommend you submit a feedback about this issue via the below link for your convenience, thanks.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft SharePoint products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

lundi 11 juin 2018 08:45
    Modérateur
  • Is there any link from Microsoft stating that it is not possible, so that I can inform the customer. Please advise.
    mardi 12 juin 2018 05:42
  • Hi ghsajith, 

I am sorry to say that there is no such Microsoft official documentation. 

Best Regards,  

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 14 juin 2018 10:41
    Modérateur
  • Hi ghsajith, 

Is there anything update? 

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

vendredi 22 juin 2018 07:38
    Modérateur