none
SharePoint 2013 Workflow Task Notification Issue

Question

• Hello Folks,

Issue : We have migrated our existing SharePoint farm to a new and upgraded farm. We have multiple Sites and Lists with Workflows associated with it. We used to get the ask notifications from the Lists with Workflows. But, since the migration to new farm the notifications have stopped from existing Sites.

But, I do get notifications if I create Site and lists in the new server farm. So the migrated sites from Old farm to new farm are not sending any notifications.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/Nagendra YR

mercredi 9 mai 2018 06:03

Réponses

• Hi Nagendra,

Is the host header of your site collection changed after migration? This usually happens if URL changed in new farm. Could you please confirm that? 

2nd, did you try this? go to list where workflow enabled> settings > set NO to task email > click OK. > select task emails to Yes again and click OK. 

Ashok Yadala Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped

• Marqué comme réponse Nagendra YR jeudi 31 mai 2018 07:19
    vendredi 18 mai 2018 04:37

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Nagendra YR,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Re-publish the workflows in the new farm.

2. Run the workflows manually to check if the workflows can work in the new server farm.

If the workflows cannot work, check if there is error message in the workflow information page.

3. In the new farm, create a new list and re-create the same workflow to check if the same issue will occur.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 10 mai 2018 02:31
    Modérateur
  • Hello Sara,

Thank you for the suggestion. The Workflows are working perfectly fine in new Farm, but they are not sending notifications for the ones being migrated. meaning its working and sending notifications for new sites created in New farm.

Regards,

Nagendra YR

jeudi 10 mai 2018 07:37
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

If the issue only occurs in the migrated sites, I suggest you could create new sites and migrate the content from the migrated sites to the new sites.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 10 mai 2018 08:58
    Modérateur
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

vendredi 11 mai 2018 01:31
    Modérateur
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

lundi 14 mai 2018 01:54
    Modérateur
  • Hello Sara,

Thank you for checking back. I did try all the options suggested by you. But still issue persists.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra YR

mardi 15 mai 2018 05:04
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

Did you create a new site? Did you check if the issue occurs in the new site?

Best regards,

Sara Fan

mardi 15 mai 2018 09:37
    Modérateur
  • Yes Sara, as I have told in my Question, The Workflow and tasks Notifications are working perfectly fine in Newly created Sites. My concern is only with my old Sites that were migrated from Old Server farm to New Farm.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra YR

mardi 15 mai 2018 09:42
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

There may be something wrong in the old sites after migrating.

There is a workaround.

I suggest you could create the new sites and migrate the content from the old sites to the new sites.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

mardi 15 mai 2018 09:45
    Modérateur
  • Thank you for the Workaround Sara. I would like to discuss this option with my team and come to a conclusion.

Meanwhile ill try to test this in our development Environment.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra YR

mardi 15 mai 2018 09:53
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

Best regards,

Sara Fan

vendredi 18 mai 2018 02:05
    Modérateur
  • Hi Nagendra,

Is the host header of your site collection changed after migration? This usually happens if URL changed in new farm. Could you please confirm that? 

2nd, did you try this? go to list where workflow enabled> settings > set NO to task email > click OK. > select task emails to Yes again and click OK. 

Ashok Yadala Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped

• Marqué comme réponse Nagendra YR jeudi 31 mai 2018 07:19
    vendredi 18 mai 2018 04:37
  • Thank you Ashok. Will try this approach and get back.

Thanks & Regards

Nagendra YR

vendredi 18 mai 2018 05:30
  • Hello Sara,

Sorry No Luck.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra YR

vendredi 18 mai 2018 05:31
  • Hi Nagendra YR,

Is there anything update about this issue?

Best regards,

Sara Fan

lundi 21 mai 2018 02:21
    Modérateur