none
AOVPN - Always On VPN Stays Connected Intermittently. RRS feed

• Question

• I am hoping someone else has ran into this issue, but the on-net detection intermittently doesn't work.

I have ran traces using Microsoft Message Analyzer and have seen the logic of Microsoft_Windows_Networking_VPN_Plugin_Platform detect the on net status and not disconnect the VPN!

Some trace outputs:

Microsoft_Windows_Networking_VPN_Plugin_Platform Autotrigger [CONTOSO AlwaysOn VPN], device is outside the trusted network boundary   

Microsoft_Windows_Networking_VPN_Plugin_Platform Autotrigger: [CONTOSO AlwaysOn VPN], profile got activated 

Microsoft_Windows_Networking_VPN_Plugin_Platform Autotrigger [CONTOSO AlwaysOn VPN], device is inside the trusted network boundary [internal.CONTOSO.com]      

Microsoft_Windows_Networking_VPN_Plugin_Platform Autotrigger: [CONTOSO AlwaysOn VPN], profile got deactivated     

I have a ticket open with Pro support and have made NO progress in over THREE months.

Does anyone on this forum have any insight as to why this would happen? I am assuming something is broken on the windows client side.

Thanks for reading,

• Modifié DBER84 mercredi 9 octobre 2019 20:50
    mercredi 9 octobre 2019 20:50

Toutes les réponses

• I should note we have tested on 1803, and the latest 1903 patches as of 10/9/2019.
    mercredi 9 octobre 2019 20:55
  • Hi ,

This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

It is also appreciated that the other members in our forum can share their experience with us about this scenario.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

jeudi 10 octobre 2019 09:54
    Modérateur
  • Hello Candy,

Thanks for taking a look at this. Were you able to find anything?

lundi 14 octobre 2019 12:37
  • Hi ,

I am sorry that this issue still hasn't been resolved. I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience. 

I did not find any related document talking about on-net detection. I noticed that you have opened a case with Microsoft, I believe they will give you a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

mardi 15 octobre 2019 03:57
    Modérateur
  • That's unfortunate since we're not getting very far with our ticket =|

mercredi 16 octobre 2019 14:46
  • Hi ,

I truly understand how inconvenient you feel about the issue. 

Did you have any progress on this issue? 

Best Regards,

Candy

lundi 21 octobre 2019 07:32
    Modérateur