none
Why does win7 lose administrator privileges when running the application ?

Question

• The computer new setup win7 ultimate 64 bit and add a network drive and create a shortcut for the desktop (create shortcut), each time you run the application right click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator new application run if double click directly If the shortcut of the application icon does not run, if you right click on the shortcut select Properties tab select "Compatibility" features running "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and "Run this program as administrator" blurred (grayed out), how to do ? For these features are not blurred ?

jeudi 17 mai 2018 08:41

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

What's the name of the application?

Does the issue occur before?

Where is the application (on network drive or local drive)?

Does the issue occur on other application? Please try to reproduce the issue to check if it occur on google chrome or other desktop application.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vendredi 18 mai 2018 05:01
    Modérateur
  • It is an accounting program, program written in Visual FoxPro language. Previously my computer network used winxp sp3 32 bit, then I use win7 ultimate 64 bit, the application I just ran on both LAN and local drive. Other applications are similar to this situation. Do you have any questions ? I do not know how to fix it.
    vendredi 18 mai 2018 06:49
  • Hi, 

Do you mean the issue occur after you change WinXP to Windows 7?

Is it an application which is developed by your company rather than a public application?

Try to modify the following registry keys and check if you could double click it again.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

DoubleClickHeight=4

DoubleClickWidth=4

Please go to the actual location of the application(it should be in Properties\shortcut\target), and right click it to see if run as administrator is not gray out in properties. 

If it works, try to create a new shortcut instead of this one.

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vendredi 18 mai 2018 09:29
    Modérateur
  • 1. I do not use winxp and instead of win7, if I use winxp I will not get this.
    2. The program is written by a third and public company, runs well on winxp platform.
    3. The registry keys have not been changed properly with your guide for me.
    4. This phenomenon occurs if you create a shortcut on the network drive to run the application.
    mardi 22 mai 2018 01:26
  • Hi, 

Now we need to narrow down the issue to make sure if it was caused by the compatibiilty issue or system issue. 

Please try to check if the symptom occur on iexplore.exe(C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe) or other third party software such as chrome.exe.

Bests,

vendredi 25 mai 2018 09:11
    Modérateur
  • I try IE still blurry, you see my attached image file

lundi 28 mai 2018 01:29
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please see the error message in your capture:

Would you check it again with Chrome?

mardi 29 mai 2018 09:31
    Modérateur
  • Chrome is normally not error, but my user win7 I am in administrator mode, my computer is server and client use a disk to install a version win7 utimate, in this case how to overcome the error ?

mercredi 30 mai 2018 09:24
  • Hi, 

According to our multiple tests and your efforts, I suspect the behavior on the accounting application might be an expect behavior which is caused by the application programming. Some applications might not run well or lost some functions in a different system version. The compatibility issue might not appear directly from applications running status, issue could appear from their settings, even responds time or others. 

I recommend to ask for help from the accounting application's develop group or company for detail information. They might have more resources and more familiar with this behavior. 

Thank you for your efforts all those days. 

Bests,  

jeudi 31 mai 2018 09:06
    Modérateur
  • I have asked the developer of accounting software, they told me faults for win7, I installed new win7 but still suffer from this phenomenon, if I use winxp running very well. Not only do these accounting software fail, but some software running through the internal network drive also suffers from this error.
    vendredi 1 juin 2018 07:47
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm the issue with you again. 

Did you place the accounting application on Network Drive and create a shortcut for the application on Windows 7 desktop? 

You could right click it to run as administrator, but can't run it when double click the shortcut, right?

We could try to copy the application file to local device, and check if we could run the accounting app directly through right click or double click and Properties's status.

Bests,

vendredi 1 juin 2018 09:20
    Modérateur
  • I created an application shortcut for network drive but still failed

lundi 4 juin 2018 03:53
  • Hi, 

I would apologize for my late reply and grateful to your test.

My concern is if we could reproduce the issue with local desktop application. So we need to copy the application to local location rather than a shortcut, and right click it to reproduce the issue. 

Thank you for your test again in advanced. 

Bests, 

vendredi 8 juin 2018 03:23
    Modérateur