FSMO role no considered valid on my master server after having restored a backup (no other server is available) RRS feed

• Question

• Context: I currently have only one signle active DC in my domain (dc01) which has all fsmo roles but it does not consider it valid because it cannot replicate to the other DC's.

dc01 was restored from backup and the other dc's are out of sync.

I want to force dc01 to get active and then demote and re-promote the other dc's to recover.

Error message:

Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7601.17514; ID: 2092; Source event: Microsoft-Windows-activeDirectory_DomainService;

Currently dc01 has the following message in the logs "This server is the owner of the following FSMO role, but does not consider it valid. "

User action: 3. In the rare event that all replication partners being down is an expected occurance, perhaps because of maintenance or a disaster recovery, you can force the role to be validated. This can be done by using NTDSUTIL.EXE to seize the role to the same server. This may be done using the steps provided in KB articles 255504 and 324801 on http://support.microsoft.com.

Is it correct that I should seize all five roles to itself ? It will not delete anything but will make it consider it valid right ?

I need to connect to dc01

run ntdsutil

connect to server dc01 (itself)

seize role schema master

seize role domain naming master

seize role pdc

seize role rid pool manager

seize infrastructure master

vendredi 5 juillet 2013 08:05

Réponses

Toutes les réponses