none
Create searchable tags in body of a Word document

Question

• I am writing a set of documents using MS-Word.  The docs will be managed by Sharepoint.

I know that Sharepoint can search the text in the body of each Word doc.  However, a full text search will return many not very useful hits. I want to limit the search to what I will call “key terms”.

I also know how to tell Sharepoint about Word > File > Info > Properties > Tags field so that these can come up in a user search of the documents from within Sharepoint.  However, these fields are difficult to edit in Word (you have a very small window into which you can put a lot of terms).

Can I somehow mark the key terms within the body of a Word document such that Sharepoint will treat those key terms the same way it does a Properties Tag field, and return them in a search?  I was hoping to turn my table of contents lines into key terms and was hoping Sharepoint could similarly see terms that I bookmark in Word.  Any ideas?

lundi 11 juin 2018 22:48

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Per my knowledge, there is no method to mark the key terms within the body of a Word file so that SP will treat these key terms as a Properties Tag field.

For Office documents, Keywords (Keywords is called Tags in Word) column is default SharePoint column and SharePoint will automatically associate it with the corresponding column after you save your word documents.

For display the Tags in your document library, go to library settings, click "Add from existing site columns" under Columns section to add "Keywords"column to your library.  

Since you feel it is difficult to edit fields in Word, you can directly edit the keywords column in library.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mercredi 13 juin 2018 09:06
  • Hi,

Is there any update on your issue? I'm willing to hear from you.

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mardi 19 juin 2018 07:00