none
How to configure to create a search refiner for Category Name column of Community site?

Question

• I created a community site which has Categories List which has Title Column as Category Name. This Category Name is used as a Category lookup column in Discussions List. Whenever a new discussion topic is posted the Category column is selected by user.

Now I need to this Category column in search Refinement web part. As I understand that I need to have a crawled property for this specific Category column in order to map to a refiner. I am not sure how could i do that. please advise. Thanks.

mardi 10 juillet 2018 08:12

Réponses

• There is already mapped property (DiscussionCategory) of this Category column exists OOTB. I did the following and performed a full crawl and it worked. Thanks

• Property Name - > DiscussionCategory
        • Type = Text
        • Main characteristics = Searchable Check
        • Query able: Check
        • Retrievable: Check
        • Allow multiple values: Check
        • Refine able: yes active
        • Sortable : yes  active
        • Check: Include content from all crawled properties
          • Keep mapping as default
          • ows_CategoriesLookup
          • ows_Category

I used DiscussionCategory in the Refinement and it worked.

• Marqué comme réponse MC ROY mardi 10 juillet 2018 10:27
    mardi 10 juillet 2018 10:26

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

First, I think your column has to be defined at the web scope not list scope.

Then, you would have to go to SharePoint Central Administration > Manage Service Applications > Search Service Applications > Search Schema > Crawled Properties.

Search for the crawled property that matches your site column. The name of the crawled property will partially match the internal name of your site column with a prefix indicating the type. If you do not find the crawled property, it means the search crawler has not been over your data yet.

Once you find the right crawled property, mark down the name. Go to Managed Properties, click "New Managed Property". Map it to the crawled property previously found and be sure to set "Refinable" to true.

Once this is done, you can go to your search page and add the Managed Property to the refinable properties in the configuration of the search refiners webpart.

For more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/search/manage-the-search-schema  

mardi 10 juillet 2018 09:06
  • There is already mapped property (DiscussionCategory) of this Category column exists OOTB. I did the following and performed a full crawl and it worked. Thanks

• Property Name - > DiscussionCategory
        • Type = Text
        • Main characteristics = Searchable Check
        • Query able: Check
        • Retrievable: Check
        • Allow multiple values: Check
        • Refine able: yes active
        • Sortable : yes  active
        • Check: Include content from all crawled properties
          • Keep mapping as default
          • ows_CategoriesLookup
          • ows_Category

I used DiscussionCategory in the Refinement and it worked.

• Marqué comme réponse MC ROY mardi 10 juillet 2018 10:27
    mardi 10 juillet 2018 10:26
  • Hi MC, 

Thanks for your sharing. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mercredi 11 juillet 2018 01:14
    Modérateur