none
Copy & Paste Diagram: Only a section is included.

Question

• Hi, 

I am selecting a diagram (Ctrl + A) in Visio 2016 and then pasting it into PowerPoint 2016 (or Word 2016, same result): Only a part of the diagram is included (same behavior if pasting normal or as picture). Googling this issue I found a reference to a Crop function in Visio 2013 that would apparently resolve this. But I cannot find this in 2016.

The only workaround I have at the moment is to use the Snipping Tool, but the resolution is really bad.

Appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks,

Dominic

lundi 24 juillet 2017 09:21

Réponses

• Hi Dominic,

Does this issue happen to all Visio drawings? 
    How about copying and pasting to a new blank drawing?

I tested in my Visio 2016 (16.0.7726.1049) but cannot reproduce the issue when copying from Visio to PowerPoint or Word. 

If possible, please try to test on other machines in your environment and see if the issue persists.

By the way, do you have an external monitor connected to your computer? 

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marqué comme réponse Dominic Buschi vendredi 28 juillet 2017 13:51
    mardi 25 juillet 2017 09:42
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Dominic,

Does this issue happen to all Visio drawings? 
    How about copying and pasting to a new blank drawing?

I tested in my Visio 2016 (16.0.7726.1049) but cannot reproduce the issue when copying from Visio to PowerPoint or Word. 

If possible, please try to test on other machines in your environment and see if the issue persists.

By the way, do you have an external monitor connected to your computer? 

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marqué comme réponse Dominic Buschi vendredi 28 juillet 2017 13:51
    mardi 25 juillet 2017 09:42
    Modérateur
  • Hi Yuki

Thanks very much for your help!! It was the external monitor. I detached it and tried again, and now I can copy and paste the entire diagram.

vendredi 28 juillet 2017 13:53
  • Yuki and Dominic.
    Thank you both.  I also had the problem of PowerPoint 2016 cropping my drawing when I attempted to Paste-Special it as a Visio (Std. 2016) Drawing Object so that it could be embedded and editable from PowerPoint.  I would have never guessed the external monitor to be the issue.   I did some experimenting after seeing your fix work.   Even if I use the external monitor as the only display, or if moved PowerPoint to my laptop display, the problem persisted.  It doesn't matter when I copy the object from Visio, but the pasting had to be done with my laptop screen as the only active display on the system.  What a strange bug.  Microsoft, please fix this!
    jeudi 12 juillet 2018 18:35