none
Editing Failure.

Question

• Hi,

I used visio to draw a diagram for my PhD thesis. I had been using it well until after I used the trim tool under developer option to cut some part of my drawing. Unfortunately after this action, no part of the shape could be fully covered when clicked. For example, if I want to add colour to an object in the diagram, clicking this object only highlights a small portion of it which prevents any editing to be carried out on the shape.

This is the second diagram I'm having problem with, as my first diagram gave me the impression that I mistakenly pressed a button that stuck out all the objects. I redrew it and encountered the same problem after trimming. Please can you help me out as drawing these diagrams takes a lot of my time - months.

I cannot redraw anything again!

mercredi 18 avril 2018 14:19

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

After you editing the shape with trim option, we can use the Join option to assemble individual line segments into one or more continuous paths. 

Select the shapes, under Developers tab, in the Shape Design group, click Operations > Join.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 19 avril 2018 09:18
    Modérateur
  • It returned 'An error (339) during the action of Join. The resulting shape is too complex.' 
    jeudi 19 avril 2018 11:14
  • Hi, dexlam2000 !

can you share picture with your complex shape or describe it ?

Please look at this thread at 3rf party forum, may be you can find there ways how make your shape not so complex.

jeudi 19 avril 2018 13:01
  • Thanks Surrogate,

Unfortunately, the diagram failed to paste here. However, I was trying to draw an urban traffic scenario that consists of two-lane road networks with some couple of vehicles, high-rise buildings, and a base station. To draw the diagram the way I want hasn't been an issue for me. The problem usually arises at the point when I'm to cut/trim some parts of the diagram. The colours would be removed and diagram would not respond to clicks in order to select the entire body of a shape. Moreover, If I'm not careful at this point, a further click on anything may disorganize the entire diagram.

jeudi 19 avril 2018 13:17
  • you can create screenshot and share it there!
    jeudi 19 avril 2018 13:37
  • Hi dexlam,

How about the issue currently? If the issue persists, you can share the sample file via OneDrive and shape the link here. We can download the sample file and do further analysis on it. Notice to remove the private information before you share it in a public forum.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

lundi 23 avril 2018 09:38
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

Has the issue been fixed?

If yes, would you mind to share the solution here? If not, feel free to post back for more discussion :)

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

mardi 24 avril 2018 09:48
    Modérateur
  • I have left it for another approach.

Thanks you.

• Marqué comme réponse dexlam2000 mercredi 25 avril 2018 07:04
    mardi 24 avril 2018 09:51
  • I have left it for another approach.

Thanks you.

Thanks for your feedback. If possible, would you mind to share the workaround about the issue here then mark it as answer to close the thread?

Your action would also help other users who have similar question and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

mercredi 25 avril 2018 06:34
    Modérateur